SEMH Special Educational Needs School (SEN) located in Grantham, Lincolnshire is recruiting for a permanent SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP or January 2021 for the right SEN TA.
New Innovative, creative and supportive SEN School that caters to SEMH & behavioural pupils. This SEN School (SEN) in Grantham, Lincolnshire have a successful and robust Senior Leadership Team with exceptional leadership capabilities. Support staff & SEN Teachers must have been observed as a minimum of Good. Pupils who attend are at from primary up to post 16 levels. Important that all new staff have SEMH and or behavioural children and young people in either an Alternative Provision / Youth Centre / PRU or SEN School. You must be passionate about working with SEN pupils and wanting to make a difference!
Exciting opportunity for a permanent SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / LSA/ Behaviour TA / Behaviour HLTA / Behaviour Mentor who has experience with pupils with SEMH / ASD/ ADHD and or challenging behaviour. You must have a minimum of 6 months working as a TA/ SEN TA/ HLTA/ Behaviour Mentor / Behaviour Mentor etc in either a PRU / Alternative Provision / youth Centre or mainstream school. You have worked with children and young people on a 1:1 basis and within small groups.
* You are empathetic, resilient & able to build a strong rapport with your pupils
* Experience with SEMH / ASD/ ADHD or behavioural children & young people
* Experience working as either an SEN Teaching Assistant / Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ TA/ Behaviour Mentor / Youth etc
* 1:1 experience & within small groups
* You are able to de-escalate challenging behaviour
* Focused on safeguarding your pupils
* Experience working with children & young people
* Live close to Grantham, Lincolnshire