Role: Skills Development Tutor - Electrical Engineering
Salary: Up to £31,677 annum
Location: GM Skillcentre - Trafford Park
Contract type: Permanent
The Growth Company's Education and Skills team has an exciting opportunity for a Skills Development Tutor.
To develop and deliver continually improved training to multiple funding streams to achieve outcomes for customers through the development of their knowledge, skills, behaviours & attitudes.
Key Responsibilities - see below details
* Participate in open evenings, taster days, effective IAG and employer engagement activities to achieve personal targets and replenish individual and departmental study programme, adult, SSW and apprenticeship caseloads as applicable.
* Account manage the client caseload to ensure we retain business, facilitate progression and secure new business.
Quality of Educational Provision
* Plan and design face to face and blended digital sequential curriculum to promote the attainment of retainable Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors (KSB) making reasonable adjustments to meet the individual needs of learners across a wide variety of provisions (including but not restricted to:
Apprenticeships, Adult learning, ESF and Study programme).
* Mark/assess students' work, provide structured feedback and set and agree development objectives with all key stakeholders (learners, employers, parents etc) in line with company learning policies
* Use accurate vocational and personal developmental starting points of learners to set meaningful and collaborative targets ensuring that all stakeholders have committed to the learner journey and support learner progress.
* Ensure that you regularly review learner progress and achievement with the engagement of key stakeholders (learner/employers/parents) and set meaningful and stretching learning targets and ensuring personal KPI's are achieved.
* Accurately track KSB progress of all learners and effectively risk band their timely progress and achievement using additional learner support funds and tools, where necessary, to ensure learners are not disadvantaged.
* Support/Drive the periodical review of stakeholder feedback impact tools to amplify the learner and employer voice to facilitate learner and employer led curriculum improvements.
* Ensure that you are fully acquainted with the requirements/content of learner commitment statements, initial diagnostics and end point assessment processes to safeguard learner achievement and ensure all stakeholders are engaged in the learner journey, attainment of KSB and take ownership of any EPA gateway sign off (latter apps only)
* Actively engage and take ownership of assigned self-assessment cycle and improvement responsibilities, supporting the attainment of key performance indicators such as retention, attendance, achievement, stakeholder satisfaction and positive destination outcomes.
* Undertake and log industrial and pedological continuing professional development.
* Support the team's continual professional attainment and development through leading on and participating in a range of internal quality assurance activities such as observations, sampling, scrutiny of marked work, enhanced wider reviews and EQA activities..
Keeping Learners Safe
* Manage the safe evacuation of students in the event of fire or other emergency, following agreed company procedures and ensure that health and safety procedures are always followed.
* Ensure that learners additional needs are reviewed, and safeguarding concerns proactively managed in line with company policy.
* Ensure risk assessments are in place and reviewed annually so that learners are safe.
Key Benefits Include:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional holidays per year pro rata to the start/end date
* Contributory pension scheme
* Up to two days' paid leave to volunteer at a charity of your choice through our Volunteer2Day scheme
* Extensive learning and development opportunities including courses, staff mentoring and apprenticeships and wellbeing programmes together with a range of other benefits