Automation and Controls Manager
Title: Automation and Controls Manager
Easily commutable from Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton & Bury, etc.
Salary: £40K - £45K DOE + further benefits
Hours: 08:00 -16:30
Faber technical recruitment are currently recruiting for an Automation and controls Manage for a fast paced FMCG site in Manchester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all automation systems and controls across the site - Reporting into the Engineering Opps Manager.
* Lead and develop the implementation of the controls and automation for new projects and existing applications
* Develop training documents for onsite electrical engineers
* Project work such as C.I & CAPEX
* Work closely with 3rd party contractors
* Use of the CMMS systems
* Create and implement a maintenance plan
* Keep relevant documents up to date
* Manage spares and suppliers
* RCA and fault finding
* Writing engineer reports
* Providing technical support to colleagues
* Working with PLC's, control panels, HMI's, SCADA, drive systems etc.
* Must have worked in an Automation and controls engineering role in the FMCG industry - other suitable backgrounds include food & beverage, packaging, chemicals, paper & pulp, consumer goods etc.
* HNC/HND electrical, mechatronics, controls and automation. Or similar
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
* Team player
* Happy to lead teams or projects
* Interested in taking on extra responsibilities
* The successful candidate will have support internally and externally
Experience in Loading, Monitoring, Fault Finding, Programming and Modifications to
Siemens S7 (Classic and TIA Portal)
Mitsubishi PLCs (FX and A Series)
Allen Bradley (SLC & Compact Logix)
Experience in Loading, fault finding and Modifications to :-
Siemens HMI Panels
Allen Bradley HMI Panels
Mitsubishi HMI Panel
B&R Automation HMI Panel
Ifix Scada Package
WinCC Scada Package
Knowledge of Industrial Communication Protocols and fault finding on :-
Industrial Ethernet Based Communication
RS232 & RS485 Serial Protocols
CANBUS Serial Protocols
Use and Integration of Instrumentation components for :-
Continued investment into the plant, business and staff
Very good time to join
Looking to invest to invest time and funds into deserving engineers who are lookin go grow within the business
Strong staff retention
Technical support on offer
If you have any questions or to apply please forward over CV to chris at fabertechrec co uk or contact Chris Wakefield on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed).
Know anyone suitable? Referrals will be given for successful candidates