Newsquest/LOCALiQ, the UK arm of the US-based Gannett group, has a new and exciting opportunity for a qualified Senior Management Accountant to join our Regional Finance Team.
This is a newly created opportunity and will be key hire, integral to the strategic development and success of the Regional Finance Team and the wider group operations. Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide strong Business Partnering, improving the flow and quality of data to the Senior Management team, within the Editorial, Sales and Advertising, Operations, subscriptions, and Events functions
- Creation and development of a regular suite of reports and analysis to support business decision making, including margin analysis, volume and discounts impact
- Month-end close duties, ensuring the accuracy of the trial balance (full P&L account and balance sheet account reported to Group within WD4)
- Process review and re-engineering
- Support the weekly, monthly, and annual forecasting processes (full P&L)
- Provide analysis of Title (product) profitability
- Provide analysis of direct costs and overheads
- Support for preparation of monthly board reports (MDFD)
- Maintain and review adherence to controls within SOX control environment, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide information and audit support to the Group Function
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ICAS)
- Experience of business partnering, ideally within another large, multi-site, multi-unit business
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Track record of process improvement and change management
- Strong systems experience, including advanced MS Excel
- Experience of working alongside a Shared Service Centre
- Experience of SOX controls framework and reporting
- Experience of using MS Dynamics (ERP)
- Experience of remote working
We are a media company with a difference. We are committed to bringing a voice to your region by investing in a passionate team of journalists who proudly serve their communities by sharing authoritative news that readers trust. Our sales teams provide local businesses with highly responsive digital advertising and marketing solutions.
The Glasgow based team covers the Scotland and Ireland regions, covering Publishing, Magazines, printing and s1x (inc. s1jobs.com) businesses, covering both print and digital formats across several titles including the Herald, Glasgow Evening Times and the National newspapers, as well as the Scottish Farmer magazine.
We offer a competitive salary, generous company benefits, and ongoing development opportunities.
The group has recently embraced flexible, remote working options. We provide all tools and resources required to ensure our teams can work effectively while still being connected to the Newsquest culture and our people.