This is a 2 year Fixed term contract
Salary: Upto £22k DOE
Location: Homebased but commutable to Nelson or Birstal
Reporting to the NOC Team Leader, the learning journey will equip the Apprentice to provide a technical response/ fix to incidents and service requests reported by Daisy customers, performing diagnostics to resolve or identify the best possible next escalation path.
The successful candidate will provide a passion and interest in a technical career with predominantly networking devices but not limited to:
Cisco R&S at a Service provider level , Cisco management tools, Juniper and Extreme Firewalls, Wireless Technologies, inc Meraki Aruba Cisos and Extreme. Nexus 1-7K support, Cisco ACE and F5 Configuration plus fault finding. Broadband Support including Traffic shaping,
They will also be required to communicate with customers on a highly technical level to provide immediate resolution where possible; ensuring tickets are managed and progressed correctly within the appropriate SLAs.
This role will require an enthusiastic individual who is able to apply all company and departmental policies, procedures and work instructions to their daily tasks, and proactively contribute to improving these where possible.
The Apprentice will gain proven engineering experience and a good appreciation of relevant engineering standards and procedures. It will also provide the ability to build rapport and maintain strong technical relationships with our internal and customers to help drive and improve our quality of service.
The Apprentice will be willing to apply themselves to a diverse range of work and meet and exceed customer expectations and service levels. The Apprentice must display a desire to learn and understand new technologies, achieve objectives agreed with their Leader and develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with colleagues.
This role will be ideal for someone with a keen interest in technology or who have experience of working within a service desk function.Job Description
- Provide support for customer technical services To Daisy's Enterprise and Service Provider customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels.
- Participate in a shift pattern across the Technical Ops NOC/Connectivity portfolio to cover all relevant technologies- 24x7 shift pattern or Day Based 0700-1900
- Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management, with documented and automated processes from the Service Towers.
- Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
- Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
- Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating CAB Requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise network availability.
- Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet.
- As a team member you must ensure:You are aware of your security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;The principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within your daily operations.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required.
- Be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
A desire to learn technical systems in the IT Industry with a focus on NetworkingTechnical skills to achieve:
Additional Training and Support:
- design simple networks from a well-defined specification and apply appropriate security products
- install and configure network components, including switches, routers and firewalls
- optimise the performance of network systems and services
- monitor, test and adjust network systems and performance to meet accepted standards
- document work done in accordance with agreed procedures
- apply diagnostic tools and techniques to identify the causes of network performance issues
- undertake system upgrades to network hardware, software and operating systems
- integrate network related software into an existing network environment
- interpret written requirements and technical specifications for network activities
- maintain accurate records of network maintenance activities
- operate within the parameters of service level agreements, standards and/or agreed response times
- operate effectively in the business environment & respond to business issues related to network engineering
- log and respond to network service calls and provide technical network support to end users as required
- apply structured approaches to troubleshooting network issues and repair faults in hardware, software products
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Daisy can provide further assistance and support for each Apprentice with a Tech Ops Apprentice Manager.
- Our chosen Apprenticeship Provider will provide the wrap-round support to ensure apprentices' technical, learning and personal needs are met. Every apprentice is supported throughout their qualification by a Learning Mentor, a former industry professional who understands exactly what it's like to work in the sector and can advise on how to evidence the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through the work apprentices do every day. Our Course Instructors deliver residential training, while in-depth information on subject-specific topics and industry insight is provided by Subject Matter Experts.
- This role will be aligned to a Network Engineer - level 4 apprenticeship standard.
You will have or achieve:
Additional InformationWhat are the benefits of working at Daisy?
- Good time management skills to enable you to prioritise and deliver to tight time lines.
- A positive, confident and client centric approach to work, with a desire to deliver consistently high quality service
- A positive outlook with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Experience in team working to deliver excellent results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is a must
- Security clearance (SC) or the ability to obtain this level of clearance is mandatory
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It's about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer...
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products