GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a well established progressive security systems installations & service business (CCTV, alarms, access control, security gates & barriers) recruiting for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager with strong Electrical / Electronics / IT system installation skills (HNC or equivalent ideally) to oversee works & a team of c.15 Security Systems Field Engineers
This could suit an experienced Security Systems Field Engineer or Senior Engineer who is looking to take that step into Management Objective of the Role:
The Contracts Manager is an integral member of the management team and responsible for coordinating and delivering projects of varying size and complexity within the business, on time and within budget, from confirmation of sale through to completion; including handover to service and monitoring. The Contracts Manager is responsible for organising project activities and for communicating progress, risks, opportunities and current state of project to all stakeholders.Duties:
Experience & Skills Required:
- Ensure that all parties, including; customers, installation teams and management team, are up to date at all times with current information and documentation, and the installation/project status.
- Direct line management responsibility for the installation scheduler, engineers and subcontractors.
- Monitor and track installation/project progress and handle any issues that arise, with escalation where appropriate.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports. Track, analyse and communicate project risks and opportunities.
- Organise, record and communicate minutes and actions of project meetings.
- Liaise closely with operational service delivery teams in the appointed area of responsibility, building an awareness of the technical aspects of their operation that may require support.
- Develop knowledge of industry standards, (EU, BS and NSI) for all the companies portfolio of products through design, installation and maintenance.
- Undertake site inspections as directed to ensure that all technical aspects are compliant and any deficiencies are reported through the correct channels.
- Respond quickly to requests for assistance from operational colleagues, communicating through agreed protocols to ensure that all interested parties are aware of progress.
- Respond quickly to incidents that require technical support. Liaise with operational colleagues throughout to ensure full resolution. Provide reports after each incident to capture root cause and ensure that any wider business impact is communicated and acted upon appropriately.
- Provide regular updates and reports to the Operations Director.
- Work with the Managing Director to review products, solutions and support plus technical training program development and delivery
- Support and implement training and development programmes for all operational teams.
- Support new business activities and sales personnel with system design and delivery by providing technical expertise when requested to do so.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
- Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- An experienced Contracts or Project Manager who has a full understanding of Electrical / IT and or Electronics systems
- Desirable - HNC / HND qualified in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Desirable - Holder of NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) general certificate.
- APM or Prince 2 qualified (would be ideal)
- A good communicator who can translate complex technical matters into understandable language to suit a variety of audiences.
- A thorough understanding of health and safety
- The ability to undertake technical appraisals and produce high quality reports in Microsoft office suite; PowerPoint, Project, Word and Excel packages accordingly.
- A clear and demonstrative approach to delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Strong people management skills.
This role is commutable from: Boston, Lincoln, Holbeach, Peterborough, Sleaford, Bourne, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Leasingham, Ancaster, Stamford, Wittering, Wansford, Grantham, Barrowby, Gonerby, Caythorpe, Market Deeping, Melton Mowbray & Newark, Corby plus areas surrounding these
This position could suit someone working as: Contracts Manager, Project Manager, Installation Manager, Service Manager, Engineering Service Manager, Installation Manager, Engineering Manager, Electrical Installation Manager, Electrical Manager, Site Maintenance Manager, Facilties Manager or similar with comparable duties