Technical Specialist - Systems Center Management & Automation
We are currently working in partnership with United Utilities, the UK's largest listed water company providing regulated water & waste water network in the North West. Having recently embarked on an ambitious digital journey they are now recruiting with a fresh focus, a clear vision and some incredible digital transformation in-flight, there's never been a better time to join them.
Working at United Utilities you'll continuously make a positive impact on society, providing an essential service to millions of people as well as playing a huge role in creating a cleaner, greener environment by ultimately reducing water waste & improving water quality across the North West using innovative technology.
To help set them on the right path we're now looking for a Senior Systems Management Engineer to join the team - a fantastic opportunity to undertake general build, provisioning, support, maintenance, availability and the life-cycle management of systems management infrastructure and associated software technologies underpinning United Utilities current and future IT strategy. These services will include, but not limited to, systems monitoring and alerting, software configuration management, host network segmentation platform, network time protocol appliances, source code management repositories and text search platforms.What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Ensure systems management platforms and associated services are reliable and their available 24/7/365, where applicable.
- Ensure performance, optimisation and tuning of systems management and services
- Subject matter expert for general configurations, implementations and operational requirements.
- Responsible for the build, maintenance and configuration relating to system upgrades, new technologies or project delivery in accordance with standards.
- Ensuring IT systems and services comply with regulatory and legal requirements like GDPR, NIS directive, etc.
- Ensure effective security is developed and maintained within systems and services which meets current and foreseeable business needs
- Ensure all software products, software options/modules and tools are approved for deployment and fully licensed prior to installation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot faults.
- Provide technical support for all systems management related incidents.
- Contribute to out-of-hours support rota for systems management related incidents.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Operating Systems, e.g. Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft System Center and associated technologies with experience of supporting one of SCOM & SCCM
- Good knowledge & understanding of source code control
- Experience and knowledge in Microsoft components and infrastructure software and associated management and monitoring capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of orchestration and automation platforms and associated technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Shell and Bash scripts, Perl, Python etc.
- Technical and implementation experience of security protocols and certificates.
- Experience in TLS/SSL/PKI concepts and certificate deployment and renewal.
- Technical understanding of operational tools, automation and protection technologies.
- Experience with diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrate methodical and analytical approach in troubleshooting, problem solving with a sense of ownership.
- Experience with diagnostic and troubleshooting tools to resolve systems managements and associated service faults and performance issues.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90816514