We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Information Systems Developer to join us based at our Campus in Cambridge. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,631 - £25,220 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications, plusmarket allowance up to £5000and benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff. As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards to support you in your daily life.
Just some of the rewards you will benefit from as our Information Systems Developer will include:
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking and local travel
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
About the role:
Our new Information Systems Developer will join the fast paced Information Systems Team. This is an excellent opportunity in the College support department where you will be developing and maintaining a suite of reports using SSRS, Report Builder and Excel against a variety of Oracle and SQL Server databases. You will be required to provide an outstanding reporting and systems administration service to and on behalf of the College and its network of Partners. In particular you will be expected to;
- Develop, maintain and support a large suite of inhouse reports
- Develop and support the College dashboard and the underlying data Views and warehouse tables
- Assist in the planning and development of the College MI system
- Ensure timely and accurate provision of information that supports the analysis of key performance indicators and enables first class decision making.
Our Information Systems Developer will be responsible for some important business functions, including:
- Maintaining, upgrading and developing College use of student records and information systems; including managing systems, process and data regarding: Curriculum, Admissions, Enrolment, Timetables, Registers, Examinations and Achievement
- Processing and validating of student records data; including management of the individualised learner record (ILR)
- Ensuring the integrity, credibility and completeness of student records data
- Maintenance of source documents
- Provision of advice and support to academic colleagues
What we are looking for in our ideal Information Systems Developer:
- Degree in a related discipline is expected but candidates with a minimum of Level 3 IT/Computing qualification or substantial experience in a similar role will be considered
- Experience of analysing and reporting data from a relational database
- Presenting and manipulating data using Microsoft Office
- Experience with PL/SQL and T-SQL and the development of database objects such as views, functions, stored procedures and triggers
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server database technology
If you are someone who has great technical ability, a desire to learn and who enjoys a challenge, please click 'apply' today to be considered as our Information Systems Developer. Don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: Saturday 17th October
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90819820