The Lead Nurse assists the Care Manager with professional and administrative duties and is responsible to the Manager for the care /nursing matters in the Home whilst ensuring that the Manager is kept informed at all times.
In the absence of the Home Manager, the Lead Nurse is the leader and a working member of the care team and has the overall responsibility of the nursing / care management of the Home, maintenance of high standards of care and monitoring of performance of the staff.
The Lead Nurse will also be expected, from time to time, to assist the Home Manager and Proprietor with unexpected visits and inspections of the Home, when otherwise off duty.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and values:
- A qualified RGN/RMN with a valid NMC pin number
- Previous experience working as a Senior Nurse or staff nurse or registered nurse in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential.
- People Management experience
- A committed and organised approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Ref: AC26888
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90818228