Pre Press / Packaging Artworker
Company: A leading packaging and labels maufacturer.
Role: The planning department is a pivotal hub that that links orders through to production, ensuring that work is produced in an accurate and timely manner.
Liaising closely with the sales and production departments you will ensure that every job runs on time and is produced to the highest standard.
* Creating packaging artwork following brand guidelines and/or design requirements
* Developing artwork in line with print production constraints
* Check all artworks supplied and offer recommendations and suggestions to ensure that quotations are accurate and straight forward to manufacture in the most cost effective and profitable way
* Offer suggestions on artwork regarding design, legibility, etc.
* Ensure artwork proofs are accurately created and proofed on time
* Work closely with production to plan jobs going into production
* Order plates, cutters, screens, foils, etc.
* Pre-press - ensure everything is ready at the press prior to production Tooling, plates, screens, etc.
* Work inline with quality control measures on colour matching, print quality, etc.
* Encourage customers to get artworks in the correct format so as not to impact production
* Handle incorrect occurrences to reduce and eliminate issues on press
* Handle workflow to ensure that proofs are produced accurately and on-time
* Experience creating technical packaging artwork to a high standard
* FMCG packaging experience
* Adobe Creative Suite skills
* Pitstop Pro would be an adavantage
* Good knowledge of artwork, pre-press and/or print reproduction procedures
* Knowledge of print process such as digital, flexographic, hot foiling and screen printing
* Experience with job/order management systems
* Be organised and experienced with digital filing systems (RAIDS/Servers)
* Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
* Be willing and able to adapt to new software and technologies
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Work to tight deadlines under pressure
* A good eye for detail ensuring accuracy on a consistent basis
Please email your full CV details to us. All applications are strictly confidential, and your details will not be shared without your consent.
Key words; artwork / artworker / repro / repro artworker / Mac operator / packaging / print / branding / illustrator / pre press / Adobe CS