We are property maintenance professionals specialising in supporting Property Management companies. The properties that we service include private tenanted, blocks & communal areas, and some shared ownership.
We provide services in the retail and commercial maintenance sectors (shops, offices, etc).
We also maintain accommodation for vulnerable adults in supported living environments (usually under the management of Housing Associations) therefore DBS checks are required for all employees.
The majority of our directly employed field engineers are multi-traders with a good all-round skill set but due to constant demand we are now recruiting for an experienced, fully qualified ELECTRICIAN / M+E ENGINEER
to join the team covering London & surrounding counties.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years' experience, be able to work on their own without supervision, and ideally have worked in REACTIVE
maintenance environments.Applicants ideally would already be NICEIC
registered with 18th Edition / Part P
. Please note this is a client-facing role.
A company van will be supplied however applicants will need to meet our insurance requirements. Own tools required. Some plant & equipment provided by the company.
Field engineers are expected to use their own smartphones to engage with our office systems, take photos/videos and write job reports. Therefore, a decent mobile phone and voice/data package is required, along with the ability to read and write English to a high standard. A mobile phone allowance is paid to contribute towards the cost of your phone.
- Service and maintain systems and appliances in DOMESTIC properties and COMMERCIAL premises
- Conduct fault-finding and undertake remedial works
- Conduct EICRs and PAT testing
- Carry out programmed maintenance and servicing
- Provide job reports and photo/video evidence
- Provide quotations
- NICEIC or NAPIT registration preferred
- Qualified to 18th Edition Wiring Regs, Part P and City & Guilds Level 3
- Demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work to demanding schedule
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required
- Able to be flexible with regard to working hours
- Home-based field engineer (we schedule you from your home to your assignments)
- Company van + fuel card provided
- Mobile phone allowance
- Prepaid expenses card for parts/materials
- Full-time employment contract
- 4 weeks' holiday pay + bank holidays
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Must be physically fit and keen to work
- Plenty of overtime opportunities
- Mandatory weekend on-call rota (once a month)
- Driving licence 3 points max
- Criminal Record / DBS checks required
- Training / upskilling opportunities
- Regular pay reviews - we reward excellence!
Summary Job Description - Electrician
- Provide a high-quality maintenance and repair service on a planned and reactive basis
- Attend client sites as directed
- Effectively communicate with office team and other maintenance crews using both phone and apps
- Use company software on your own mobile phone
- Take before and after photos/videos to satisfy client sign off
- Gather relevant information to enable pricing of works / assist in quoting process
- Weekend rota
- Be the face of the business!
W12 Maintenance is proud to be a family-run business. We are a young, dynamic company expanding quickly. Join us at this exciting time and grow with us!