My client, a leading financial services provider with offices in Gibraltar, is looking for a Senior Group Management Accountant to join their dynamic team here.JOB OBJECTIVE
The primary role of the Group Senior Management Accountant is to assist the Group Financial Controller with the management of the Group entities' financial accounting, reporting, and control activities and to ensure they are carried out efficiently; to produce regular management accounts, both consolidated and company management accounts for the holding company and additional information as required to enable management to make quality business decisions.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support with the production of monthly management accounts and information monitoring of the various aspects of the companies' performances within the specified timescales;
- To investigate, report, and explain to the Group Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls), and other exceptions for both the holding company and subsidiary companies;
- To liaise with the companies' external auditors and other advisers and to ensure financial statements are signed-off within the required Group reporting deadlines and budget;
- To support the preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation;
- To support the preparation of corporation tax computations, manage the submission process to the appropriate Tax Office and deal with queries raised by them as appropriate;
- To oversee the Group's cashflow and treasury function;
- To liaise with the subsidiary finance teams regarding the financial implications and consequences of business decisions made;
- To support the budgeting and business planning processes across the Group;
- To work with the Group Financial Controller to ensure that all budget holders understand and comply with agreed financial procedures and stay within their budget constraints;
- To liaise with the Group Financial Controller to ensure that internal accounting systems, processes, and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business;
- To ensure the billing process of the subsidiary companies run efficiently by liaising with senior management and producing relevant reports.
- To ensure appropriate process at subsidiary companies are in place and adhered to ensure that invoices are sent out to clients in a timely manner and to raise ad hoc invoices where necessary.
- To ensure the cash collections process for the subsidiary companies is efficient by liaising with senior management and producing relevant reports. To review and discuss the aged debtors and WIP (where relevant) with subsidiary companies to ensure this is being managed appropriately;
- To provide financial analysis to the Group Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Board of Directors, at any time Group is involved in business transactions or acquisitions;
- To commit to and uphold the Group Organisational Values: Showing Care & Respect; Taking Personal Responsibility; Having a Passion for Excellence; Striving for Business Success and Working Together.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Group colleagues
- Finance departments in other jurisdictions
- Government offices
- Tax offices
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical thinking, the ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- The ability to work with independence as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact effectively with staff members at all levels and jurisdictions and other third parties
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- Qualified member of a recognised accountancy body preferably ACCA/ACA
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience preferably within a financial services environment
If you have the required skills, qualifications & experience, please get in touch ASAP.
Stand out from the crowd - be an Awesome candidate!