To lead the engineering team. To serve as the internal and external technical contact of the company. To manage delivery of projects and solutions to the highest quality standards, in a right first time approach in line with commercial requirements of the company. Key Duties
- To lead engineering design tasks and the engineering team
- To manage/prioritise engineering workloads
- To manage weekly engineering meetings and ensure progress on deliverables
- To ensure project delivery to the commercial advantage of the company
- To ensure proficiency of team members in delivering goals and working in line with company set targets and quality standards
- Planning product roadmaps / Gannt Charts
- Implement gold standard pcb's with gold standard firmware
- Research new technologies for use in Datum products
- Communicate well both verbally and written with engineering team and with other functions such as Operations, Procurement, QA and Programme Management, and with Customer and multiple suppliers
- Organise company software & firmware in secure repository (local & cloud)
- Co-ordinate technical meetings, ECR's, Project Deliveries
- Assign tasks to engineering team
- Approve documents to MRP System to meet ISO9001 standards
- Support sales with non-standard technical quotation queries
- Liaise with customers on projects, whether via email, phone or personal visit.
- Undertake recruitment interviews for potential engineering staff
- To work with Purchasing on reducing raw material costs whilst maintain quality of products.
- Create an and manage an annual Engineering budget
- Knowledge and understanding of C++, C#, Python and/or other Firmware / Code Programming Language(s)
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline or related engineering/science subjects
- Experience of PCB design, test and implementation to mainstream product
- Engineering background in Electrical, Electronics, Software or Mechanical - preferably a blend of all these would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of loadcell, strain, force, load, weight, stress, torque, speed, power and/or other measurement calculations.
- Good Knowledge in Power electronics and RF.
- Good Knowledge in analogue electronics.
- Track record in Systems Engineering or Electronics hardware development.
- Well-rounded engineering experiences in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle across several projects or programmes and preferably in a number of engineering domains
- Will typically have had prior experience in a Team Leader or Senior Engineer Role.
- Experience of customer/ supplier relations and working within integrated Project Teams.
- Able to lead, encourage and share experience and knowledge with all other engineers within the team
- Design experience in products for military applications.
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirement specifications, managing through concept to design to product and final test.
- Competitive Base Salary
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Sick Pay
- Company Healthcare
- 3 x Annual Salary Death in Service
- Some Remote Working Opportunities (Covid-Related)
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Internal Progression & Performance Paid Bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90809440