Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. The company is #1 in technology-based gaming systems, digital real-money gaming and sports betting platforms, casino table games, utility products, lottery instant games, and a leading provider of games, systems and services for casino, lottery and social gaming. Committed to responsible gaming, Scientific Games delivers what customers and players value most: trusted security, engaging entertainment content, operating efficiencies and innovative technology.
SG Digital is the division formed from the acquisition of NYX Gaming Group/OpenBet and SG Interactive. This has created a market-leading, global, on-line capability for Scientific Games. At SG Digital we have 1,600+ employees (including 600+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in Las Vegas with principal offices in London, Stockholm, Athens, Montreal, Singapore and Bristol as well as 27 other offices world-wide.
Our software platform is offered as OpenSports and OpenCasino product families. OpenSports includes:
- OpenBet - Sportsbetting engine to the largest operators in the world.
- OpenTrade - Trading and Risk Management solution offering 200k events in-play per annum.
- OpenEngage - Retail and digital interfaces for customers to engage with including Desktop, Mobile Web, Mobile App, Retail EPOS, SSBT and In-Venue display.
- OpenPlatform -supports online interactive game play and enables the deployment of software applications for sports, casino, lottery, bingo, poker, mini-games and social games over web-based, tablet/mobile, and social media applications.
- OpenAccelerate - Our operations and marketing services to support and grow our business for our customers via acquisition and retention and day-to-day operational support.
Our gaming offering is built on a fully-flexible system that is deployable within the international gaming industry. It supports all parts of our customers' business (interactive, mobile, and social networks).
Our content platform has approximately 750 proprietary and over 900 third-party supplied lottery, bingo, and casino games developed to address the multi-channel content and distribution strategies of our customers.
Our solutions are designed to provide a complete account suite with full back-office capabilities, including tournaments, bonuses, affiliates, campaigns, data warehouses, and data mining across multiple products, all while providing players with community and social media-based entertainment content to maximize their playing experience. Purpose of the role
To deliver world class agile software development and delivery culture at scale and deliver the roadmap of features and functionality as set out from the product teams. The person will also be responsible for managing the delivery to customer platforms in an efficient, timely and scalable (productized/automated) way. This includes the delivery of platforms as initial deployment and then subsequent updates/upgrades. The key aspect of the role is to create and lead a culture of world-class software development and technology delivery at scale, which permeates from recruitment to engineering and final delivery to customers. Principle accountabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The VP of Product Engineering (Sportsbook) will be focused on overseeing delivery of large and small scale projects, from inception to delivery and post-live development.
- This includes, but is not limited to managing teams that develop and implement software platforms and modules, training, scoping, QA and post-go live development and support. Projects are typically large scale, and have many dependencies on customer teams and third party integrations and resources. Project duration can be 3 months to 24 months to go live, with ongoing professional services work post go live.
- The VP of Product Engineering (Sportsbook) will take responsibility for workforce planning, resourcing, recruitment and retention of high calibre staff to deliver success for our customers.
- The key area of the role is to create a truly agile software development culture that is focused on accelerated development and delivery at pace and at scale.
- Be responsible for the overall leadership and lead role in managing the development of products and delivery of projects of platforms:
- Maintain complete control on project schedule, budget and risk issues
- Identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance
- Create and execute programme work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage complex projects, with various stakeholders, from scoping through implementation and go-live, maintaining control of scope and budget continuously and communicating to all key parties.
- Bring the latest technologies and approaches to technology development and delivery to bear across all teams - where it makes practical sense. (Not technology/change for the sake of change).
- Be responsible for the overall leadership of the product development and delivery teams globally. Directly supervise team leaders and their associated teams, including software engineers, implementation consultants, business analysts, QA and other personnel.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports and assist in all aspects of people management.
- Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery.
- Establishing the tools and processes to be used for resource forecasting/management and BI reporting.
- Establish KPIs for monitoring the performance of engineering groups including both customer teams and internal product development teams and include them in the monthly management reports.
- Help manage the relationship with third party service providers to the engineering delivery groups.
- Ownership of critical internal systems such as resource forecasting, project time sheet reporting, business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Managing the scope of projects to ensure projects are delivered on-time and in-scope.
- In- depth experience running a world-class software business or division at scale, demonstrating management and leadership, ideally in a gaming software, professional services environment.
- Strong operational management, project management, consulting, technology and process improvement skills.
- Technology leadership and vision grounded in practicality and pragmatism.
- Very strong people management, development and engagement skills.
- Sound customer facing skills, able to operate at senior level in large organisations.
- Strong communication/presentation and negotiation skills.
- Possess sound business acumen and be adept in driving programmes to tight deadlines.
- Ideally knowledge of SAFe /Agile techniques.
- International experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined.
- Immediately credible at senior management level.
- Well organised and consistently meets commitments.
- A desire to try things a new way and challenge the status quo.
- A willingness to find balance between industry best practice and a pragmatic approach.
- Requires a "do whatever it takes" commitment to achieve the success of SG Digital, its employees and customers.
- Strong problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment.
- Can act as an equal player with key business stakeholders and 'hold their own' around the table.
- Confident and a proven ability to overcome setbacks and think in a solution focused way.
- Data and metrics driven and a passion for getting things right first time.