We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join us as an ICA Technician
based in Redruth.
We have multiple positions available to cover different locations. These are additional roles to strengthen our reactive maintenance teams in order to support our business objectives. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,718 - £31,306 per annum
dependant on experience, plus benefits.South West Water
is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business which prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support, and various health benefits.
As our ICA Technician,
you will assist with the installation, repair, and maintenance of the operational remote plant and process control systems supporting operational activities.Responsibilities as our ICA Technician will include:
- Delivering quality support to operations using expertise and experience in the complex control and process systems which should balance/minimise the risk and impact to a busy operations team
- Planning, prioritising and carrying out works to the satisfaction of the planned maintenance delivery system, team leader, and the operations team as required
- Conforming and adhering at all times to current ISO, H & S systems, procedures, and policies
- Delivering cost effective improvements to assets and systems
- Complying with all business rules relating to the delivery of and feedback regarding all maintenance activity
- Requiring to compile or update any site engineering documentation which enables Operational staff to carry out support and maintenance of the works systems
- Assisting Operational staff with the resolution of complex problems
- Maintaining regular contact with colleagues throughout the Company
- On completion of a satisfactory probationary period, the role will involve the undertaking of standby and call-outs on an ICA/Electrical standby rota, the frequency of which may change in response to the business demandsWhat we are looking for in our ideal ICA Technician:
- Time served apprenticeship supported by relevant formal qualifications. e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC/HNC/HND
- Compliant with current IEE Regs (desirable)
- Atex/Compex Qualification (desirable)
- Experience of process control and electrical systems
- Experience of working with and understanding of PLCs to include management and programming
- Experience of working with communication protocols
- Experience to include calibration and maintenance of front line instrumentation and a good understanding of relay logic and ability to maintain and repair
- Knowledge of working with Risk and Method statements
- Knowledge of the following systems will be essential ProWorx/32 and Schneider
- Repair and calibration of a wide range of process monitoring equipment, preferably in the Water Industry
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A full UK driving license is required
- The desire to move forward with changes in technology
- Will be part of a standby rota
- You will be provided with a vanClosing date:
Friday 9th October 2020
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our ICA Technician
- we look forward to receiving your application.