Badenoch & Clark is delighted to be working in partnership with Tees Valley Sport to recruit an Executive Director on a permanent basis.
About Tees Valley Sport
Tees Valley Sport is an independent, non-profit organisation focused on growing grass roots sport & physical activity. We are one of 43 similar organisations in England known as Active Partnerships who work with national and local partners to improve people's health and well being through increased physical activity.
Purpose of the Role
Provide high quality strategic and operational leadership and to drive the vision, mission and objectives of Tees Valley Sport in inspiring the Tees Valley to be more active.
* Lead the proposal, development and delivery of projects funded by Sport England and other strategic partners.
* Understand and contextualise the sport and physical activity landscape within the Tees Valley region and on a national scale.
* Drive the commercial ambition of Tees Valley Sport to become more resilient and self sustaining.
* Develop, monitor, implement and review robust strategic and operational business plans.
* Lead financial budgeting and resource management of all work programmes being delivered across Tees Valley.
* Act as a positive advocate taking in every opportunity to promote the work of the organisation, partners, funding bodies in raising the profile of the importance of sport and physical activity.
* Develop strong and effective networks and relationships to influence national and local strategies and delivery models, to ensure the most effective use of resources.
* Represent Tees Valley Sport locally, regionally and nationally through involvement in both strategic and operational partnerships.
* Influence relevant policy and practice at a national and regional level across a range of sectors and organisations.
* Recruit and lead a team of highly skilled individuals to effectively deliver against the business plan.
* Work effectively with the board and report regularly on performance and financial management.
* Ensure that the organisation is compliant with all regulatory requirements in relation to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
* Executive management experience in a strategic or leadership role.
* Significant experience of business planning, financial management, budgeting and successful project execution.
* Substantial experience of engaging with strategic partners and developing trusted relationships with sporting and non-sporting organisations.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate, influence, enthuse and negotiate with a wide range of audiences to achieve successful outcomes.
* Ability to provide leadership to the organisation and its partners in the delivery of its strategic objectives.
* Experience of organisational development to respond to current and future delivery needs.
* Personal values which are aligned with Tees Valley Sport and Teesside University.
* A full UK driving licence.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send a tailored CV and supporting statement highlighting your reasons for interest, detailing how you are a great candidate for this post and how your skills and experience meet the criteria to (url removed)
If you would like a confidential discussion about the role or to request a recruitment pack please contact Ruth Young on (phone number removed) or (url removed)
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 4th October.
All applications and enquiries are being managed by Badenoch & Clark.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy