Our client are a firm of accountants and they are currently looking for a Audit Senior to join their team. You should have at least 2 years experience of conducting external audits in public practice.
This is a full-time permanent position 35hrs per week (flexi-time).
Main Purpose of the Role:
Perform the role of a Senior on audit and accounting assignments. Supervise and train new and junior members of staff in accountancy and audit.
Environment of the Job:
Multi-disciplinary accountancy firm and business advisory practice operating from offices in London and Guildford. The Firm comprises 13 Partners who have the breadth of experience and the acumen to enable the Firm to get quickly to the heart of client matters and build a thorough understanding of the issues.
This job is based in the Guildford office, but the job holder will be required to work across both offices reflecting the seasonal work pattern of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation and audit of statutory accounts to comply with UK GAAP and International auditing and accounting standards
* Preparation of accounts for partnerships and sole traders
* Preparation of management accounts
* Responsible for the training and supervision of new and junior members of staff in all aspects of accountancy and audit, and the use of CCH accounting software. Review work done by junior members of staff
Other Duties and Tasks
* Respond to and deal with general client queries, passing on to appropriate person for resolution where necessary
* Follow new client set up procedures in line with Money Laundering regulations and Firm policies
* Work with Partners and staff to provide a personal, professional service for the benefit of both clients and the Firm
* Such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder
Dimensions of job
The role will be approximately 75% audit, 25% financial accounting/general.
Qualifications, Knowledge And Experience
* Newly-Qualified ACA or ACCA; or up to 2 years' post-qualified experience
* Experience of working effectively within a team
* Experience of acting as a supervising senior on Audit Clients, turnover minimum £10.2m, audit team 2+
* Strong IT skills including good knowledge of Excel and experience of CCH ProAudit software and CCH Accounts Production
* Must drive, with own vehicle
* Experience/expertise in charity auditing and reporting
* Experience and working knowledge of Xero
* Experience of paperless auditing