Mental Health Support Worker
Would you like a meaningful job that makes a difference, with flexibility and real potential for growth?
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have a vacancy for a Mental Health Support Worker.
Mental Health Support Worker Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team that provide holistic recovery-focused support to clients with mental health across Exeter & East Devon Mental Health Services (EEDMHS).
- To effectively manage an assigned caseload of clients based on their support needs, which are identified through assessment, their Clinical Care Plan and Risk Assessment and through 1:1 support sessions.
- To oversee day-to-day operational needs of the service and support needs of the clients across the service.
Mental Health Support Worker Requirements:
- Proven experience of working with and managing a caseload of clients who have a mental health illness or within another social care setting.
- Proven experience of preparing and implementing needs assessments, support plans, risk assessments and management plans as well as individual action plans in conjunction with other workers / agencies and clients.
- Working knowledge of the needs and support requirements of people with complex mental health needs.
- Working knowledge of statutory and non-statutory partner agencies.
- A respectful and non-judgemental, anti-discriminatory approach valuing difference and social inclusion.
A Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate will be required for these roles.
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
About Salvation Army Housing Association:
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential.
Location: Exeter & East Devon Mental Health Services
Job type: Part-Time, 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 to £19,500 + Sleep-In payments
Benefits: 26 days' annual holiday rising a day a year for the first 5 years + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an Employee Health Assistance Programme. Professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2020. Please note that this vacancy many close earlier depending on a number of successful candidates.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care, Healthcare Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Recovery, Assessment Mental Health, Vulnerable People, Care Worker, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90809012