Technical Shift Manager - Slough - Up to £60,000About the role
As a result of market growth, our client is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Technical Manager within the Data Centre industry. The Technical Manager will be responsible for delivering a range of technical, process and safety activities in support of the Commercial and Project teams.
The Technical Manager will have direct exposure to equipment suppliers, customers and strategic partners as well as a range of experts and contractors involved in supporting our client's operational activities.Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivery of small-scale upgrade projects and process improvements at existing facilities, potentially managing multiple small projects at a time.
- The Technical Manager will be involved in all aspects of station development from initiation/layout design through construction management to commissioning and initial operation including contributing to broader design strategy discussions.
- The Technical Manager responsibilities will include demonstrating safety compliance with relevant legislation through development of Safety Management Systems, to include reporting, KPIs, auditing and review.
- The Technical Manager will in addition to their technical responsibilities support the broader projects and engineering activities including development of fit for purpose systems and processes to reinforce the current health and safety culture.
- Coordinate and work with external consultants and agencies in support of technical development and legislative compliance.
- Engineering degree or vocational equivalent
- HVAP, HNC, HND, City and Guilds
- Ideally with NEBOSH or recognised safety qualification
- Familiarity with recognised engineering standards
- Working with engineering design teams/houses
- Equipment specification and procurement
- Process troubleshooting
- Strong team working ethos
- Self-starting approach
- Risk aware
- Aptitude to lead and coordinate teams of contractors and in-house staff
- Capability to function effectively in a rapid growth environment interfacing across a range of disciplines
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships with key contractors and suppliers
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Creative in problem solving under pressure