A Tier 1 Global Investment Manager is looking to add an experienced Performance & Analytics Analyst to their Performance and Client Reporting team. The role is ideally suited to candidates with a solid foundation of relevant experience working a similar position.
We have worked with this client for more than 5 years and have always had an excellent rapport with the company and the people we have helped secure a job here. They present a fantastic work life balance and working environment and have a great track record of employee retention and internal movements. The key responsibilities will include:
Key Competencies Required for Role:
- Generate & validate fund performance, performance statistics and attribution
- Respond to in-house enquiries about reported performance, supporting the front office and distribution parts of the organisation.
- Analyse and comment on key performance drivers on funds for internal and external consumption.
- A number of years experience within a performance unit and working within the fund management business. Associated qualifications are preferred (e.g. IMC, CIPM, CFA).
- Knowledge and experience of performance calculation - including true-time weighted returns and internal rate of return calculations.
- Experience of calculating and interpreting performance attribution, including contribution versus benchmark analysis. Understanding and experience of more complex attribution models such as Equity Style Attribution and/or Fixed Income Performance Attribution would also be desirable.
- Highly numerate, with a solid understanding of statistical data production, particularly related to performance reporting; Knowledge or understanding of key performance statistics or other related statistics (duration, yields, etc.)
- Ability to understand statistical output and question/interrogate anything that may appear unusual to maintain the integrity of the data we provide internally and to clients.
- An understanding of the GIPS Standards.
- Good understanding of the structure and workings of a fund management business; Experience across asset classes or markets desired but not essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks accordingly.
- An understanding of performance fee calculation methodologies would be advantageous.