JA682 - Electrically Biased Building Services EngineerLocation - Bridgend, WalesSalary - Up to £38K DOEOverview
We are currently recruiting for an Electrically Biased Building Services Engineer to join our client's team at their site in Bridgend. The successful candidate must be able to gain full security clearance which requires a full 5-years' UK checkable work history as the start point.Job Purpose
The engineer is part of an intimate electrically biased team. Carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Building Fabric Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works including emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements. Provide the first line support for the site and Company requirements. Support a Centre of Excellence delivery across all M&E and Building Fabric activities.Aims and Objectives
- Provide a high level of customer service to the client and CGI associates Cooperate with the development of an operational centre of excellence.
- Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering
- Planned and Reactive Services across the clients' sites.
- Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience, ensuring that they are the centre of what the company deliver.
- Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to. Actively encourage a safe reliable environment whilst maintaining a zero-accident tolerance.
- Provide technical input to the wider team.
- Highlight areas to minimise operational & reputational risk. Maximise system and asset uptimes and availability.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Exude a positive and self-motivated attitude and take ownership of problems and challenges on site
- Communicate effectively under pressure and respond effectively.
- Carry Out Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance tasks as requested. Receive regular toolbox talks and health and safety briefings with team.
- Be part of all aspects of the Data Centres and switching requirements of the site.
- Demonstrates effective health & safety awareness and impart knowledge to others. Take proactive ownership of faults and defects on site.
- Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
- Supervise / Escort contractors whilst on site. Ensuring that their RAMS are reviewed, and permits are issued to safely control activities.
- Manage and control safe systems of operations including verifying all isolations.
- Escalate any incident which has the potential to affect safe and reliable building operations. Be part of a 1 in 3 call-out emergency response roster
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA)
- Carry Out of Hours Works as part of site team
- Formal Electrical Apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent; or Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent; or
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent; and Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and standby generation systems
- Maintaining critical equipment, Chillers, HVAC systems, BMS, and process water systems. Willingness to carry out general fabric duties as required
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment. 5 years' experience within a critical environment.
- A good knowledge of trades - plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, controls, and refrigeration. Experience in working with handheld technology and helpdesk
- Fault diagnoses and rectification experience
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety Legislation
- Prior experience with permits to work (authorised person electrically / mechanically)
- HNC/HND in Electrical biased Building services endorsement Experienced in High Voltage switching
- ACoP L8
- Team Player
- Able to work under own initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with the client on an on-going basis Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Ability to develop a good understanding of the client's business requirement's Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work tasks effectively
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure Reliable
- Detail conscious
- Results / task orientated
- Excellent personal standards
- Willingness to carry out works over weekends where required.