We are looking for an experienced and qualified SENCo with a genuine commitment to inclusive education to join our Senior Leadership Team. As a key member of our team you will be instrumental in laying the foundation of outstanding standards of education and creating a stimulating and purposeful environment where our pupils can make excellent progress. Role Requirements
- Experienced, qualified and motivated SENCo
- Experience of working at a whole school level
- Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
- Some teaching at Key Stage 4 with experience of Key Stage 5 (Humanities experience would be welcome)
- Experience of conducting training and leading INSET
- Ability to use data to inform provision planning
- Understanding and experience of the EHCP and annual review process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will have high expectations, a commitment to raising standards of attainment and up-to-date knowledge of teaching and behaviour management strategies. We are seeking passionate and driven individuals with good communication and organisational skills and a desire to make a difference to the lives of our pupils and their communities
In return we can offer:
- An opportunity to join a leading provider of specialist education in one of the most rewarding sectors whilst directly contributing to the positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC
- Excellent CPD opportunities to develop your career
- Competitive salary and terms and conditions.
Rossendale School is an Outstanding school for pupils aged 7 to 18 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to outstanding education and family support.
We provide a sector-leading therapeutic education and pupil leadership curriculum across two sites. Due to our ambitious growth plans we currently have an exciting opportunity to join the school leadership team at a time of change and innovation.Any candidates shortlisted will be invited to attend a informal interview day on Thursday 15 October and if successful at this stage, a formal interview on Friday 16 October.Please email for a full job description and person specification.References
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.