Company description:OUR COMPANY
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.Job description:
We are seeking to appoint a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, working rotating days and afternoons, to support our operations within the JELD-WEN Engineering Department at Melton Mill, Thorpe Road.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role will be responsible for undertaking specific engineering tasks in the department, as well resolving Plant problems and Emergency breakdowns.Required profile:Job Responsibilities
Requirements to be successful in the role:
- Keep machinery in production
- Drive departments 5s campaigns
- Receive and issues permits to work
- Ensure engineering work is carried out to H&S, environmental and engineering standards
- Implementation and support of PPM and TPM systems.
- Keep Plant personnel safe
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, preferably with experience of a fast-moving environment in manufacturing (or equivalent.)
- Candidates should have practical experience of PLC fault finding with strong fault diagnosis and ratification skills on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulics systems.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of PPM and continuous improvement systems would be advantageous.
- It is an essential requirement of the role to have an Engineering Apprenticeship and 17th Edition Qualification.
We are looking for a team player but one who also enjoys working on their own initiative to provide a high standard of engineering serviceWhat we offer:
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90809037