Whilst we don't have the option of starting the year again, we do have the option of making the second half of the year better than the first (shouldn't be hard - I know!).
If you're without a role due to redundancy, coming off the back of furlough, or just fancy a new challenge. There's no time like the present to start looking.
We're looking for an experienced Security Architect, ideally with a live SC clearance, sound like you? Get in touch!
--------------------------------------- The Role
We're looking for an experienced Security Architect to join an exciting enterprise infrastructure design team. This is growing team in the South West which provides consultancy services to a range of public and private sector clients The role supports customers by recommending and applying architecture and security principles and practices to guide the organisation through the business, information, process, and technology changes necessary to achieve the business objectives. The role is contractually based from Bristol Business Park, but this is a client facing role so the successful you'll need to be comfortable with travel to client locations and work sites mostly in the South West. We are looking for an experienced IT professional with strong operational and design capabilities. You will be working alongside Senior Business and IT Architects on an enterprise information design. You'll need to:
- Have experience of IT operations
- Be able to design with security in mind
- Understand the design of systems to manage levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity.
- Have a proactive responsibility to deliver secure systems and implement proportionate controls to enable business outcomes.
- Generate products such as sketches, models, an early user guide, and prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Have the ability to speak on behalf of technical teams and facilitate the relationships with direct and indirect stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the business relevance of information risks and the current trends and growths in information security.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain business principles of secure system designs in terms of business risk.
- Subject matter expertise in an element of information risk management, accreditation, governance or compliance.
- Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of security technologies
- Access control models.
- Public and private encryption.
- Authentication techniques.
- Intrusion detection techniques and how to apply them.
- Common design patterns for mitigating against information risks.
Tools and Methodologies:
- At least one of the following recognised IT Security certifications:
- CCP IA Architect
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO 27001.
At least one of the following recognised Risk Assessment or Risk Management certifications or training:
- HMG IS1&2, CRISC, COBIT, ISO27005, Octave
- Demonstrable knowledge of HMG accreditation process, ISO27000 series, NCSC IA portfolio, End User Device security strategy: Security Policy Framework, Gov-UK
- Cyber Security Guidance and controls.
A global technology business who operate around the world, provide services and solutions to improve security, efficiency and effectiveness of electronic and computer-based operations. They develop technically challenging systems and undertake innovative research to help clients realise the value of their data.Apply
Due to the nature of the work, to be eligible all candidates must be eligible for SC level security clearance, with the view to go through DV level security clearance in the future.Urgent role - please apply now!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90810644