Who are Clearsprings?
We are an independent organisation set up to provide accommodation services to the UKVI and have been doing this since 2000.Clearsprings Ready Homes Limited is a provider of accommodation and transport services in both the London, South and the Wales regions.Ready Homes provides accommodation services to numerous organisations across the UK and continues to develop its business in both central and local government as well as the charitable section.
As a growing Group of business, we have fully committed ourselves to sustainable trading and achieving our CSR objectives in the long term.Our achievement of 94% through the official Home Office CSR assessment tool reinforces our commitment to this strategyBenefits:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday however, you may be required to work weekends occasionally.
- Holiday Allowance 20 working days (+bank holidays), pro rata in your first year for those that work less than a full year and/or accrual for part time employees. Increasing to 23 days after a full holiday year and 25 after 2nd holiday year
- Life Cover 2 x Basic Salary
- 6 month probation period
- Participation in the Company's Pension Scheme (4% employer and 4% minimum employee contribution) after successful completion of your probationary period
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1.Department Procedures
- To undertake the safe and secure transportation of Asylum Seekers, their Dependant
- Children and luggage to and from Asylum Screening Units, Initial Accommodation,
- Dispersal Accommodation, UKBA Reporting Centres and any other point of claim.
- Ensure that the welfare and care of the service users and their dependant children being escorted is maintained to a consistently high standard, ensuring their moral and legal rights are observed and the constant care of their property is undertaken.
- Report fit for duty properly attired, in possession of the full equipment and personal documentation needed to carry out the task.
- Escort the service users and their dependent children in full compliance with the instructions, regulations and guidelines produced by Clearel and agreed by the UK Border Agency.
- Drive company vehicles as required complying with statutory regulations and company policies and procedures to ensure safe practice.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are checked daily in accordance with vehicle defect reporting procedure
- Perform escort and other tasks strictly within the timescales as required by the UK Border Agency.
- Maintain effective communication links with the Transport Coordinators / Transport and Logistics Manager as instructed with regards to the progress of the escort or any other appropriate matter.
- Provide timely feedback of intelligence and operational problems to the Transport Coordinator or Transport and Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for the completion and dispatch of documentation relating to the escort as required.
- Record and communicate all complaints and requests made by Service Users and their families in strict conformance to the Client's instructions.
3.Communication and Liaison
- Liaise regularly with line manager and team members
- Helping/providing cover for other team members as required
- Attending team and other staff meetings
- Supporting new team members and provide on-the-job training
- Provide cover for other staff as agreed by line manager
Training and development
- ·Keep up-to-date with all written and verbal communications (i.e. emails/messages/calls)
- ·Ensure all records are maintained and kept up-to-date according to company policies and procedures
- Monitor own work levels, progress and development
- Undertake all core training and development programmes as required
- Undertake relevant learning according to agreed Personal Development Plan
Any other duties within the scope of responsibility and ability, as required, inclusive of providing similar support to any other local company project.