Veritas Education are looking for a experienced House Manager for an immediate, full-time position in Bolton. House Manager for Children and/or Adult CareTerms:
Equivalent to NJC Point 27 - 34 £31,346 - £37,890
- 37 hours per week arranged to best meet the needs of the home
- Holiday Entitlement: 34 days including public holiday allowanceReport To:
Head of Service: Care Services
Our Client is the UK's leading independent provider of specialist child and adult care services. Their aim is to provide the right support in the right home for all the individuals then accommodate. When you join our client, you'll be part of something special.
Within a community-based residential care setting, as well as a network of supported living services, they support children and adults up to 5 clients who suffer from severe autism, dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) and behaviours that challenge. The home offers a range of residential and nursing care settings for older people with varying levels of need.
The residential home is set in a rural location just outside of Bolton, close to motorway and near to local bus stops. These home supports 4 (9 - 25 year old) boys and girls who have learning disabilities and predominantly an autism diagnosis.
The home is looking for an experienced deputy with proven ability to manage small teams and delegate roles and responsibilities consistently. You will be the second point contact where your duties will entail some of the following: -
- Link manager to school; working with the school operations manager to improve engagement and attendance.
- Run a tight ship, making rota's and shift patterns for all staff.
- Supervision of deputy managers, senior care workers & Teaching assistants.
- Planning, risk assessing and co-ordinating offsite activities.
- Leading on the training and development of all management and staff.
- Manage finances and budgets for the home.
Therefore, high energy, excellent communication and organisational skills are vital.What we'd like from you:-
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective organisational capability.
- Level 5 in health and social and managment
- Up to date DBS (Transferable).
- Great team player.
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support.
- Extremely Resilient.
- Strong "can do" attitude.Staff Development: -
- Chair Staff Meetings
- Facilitate supervision and appraisal of staff
- Actively participate in personal supervision and appraisal
- Participate in training and personal development opportunities
- Engage in Continuous Professional DevelopmentGeneral: -
- To have overall management responsibility for the designated home including covering Duty manager Rota
- Carry out organisational objectives in line with relevant legislation
- Carry out organisational and service objectives in line with the homes strategic development objectives and as outlined in the service development plan for your service.
- Comply with the organisation's administrative and financial procedures
- Maintain accurate, well-kept and up-to-date records
- Fully utilise IT facilities and modern technology
- Promote Health and Safety at work
- Promote people's equality, diversity and rights
- Carry out duties in an appropriate and professional manner at all timesYour Key Benefits: -
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- 34 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART childcare vouchers
- SMART pension option If you feel as if the information above is the ideal role you are looking for, then please do not hesitate to apply with you most resent CV. I look forward to hearing from you soon! APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'