Mechanical Assembler - Bedford - £20k plus overtime
Our exclusive client specialises in the design, manufacture, and supply of advanced braking technologies for industrial applications. They offer a large range of pneumatically-, hydraulically-, and mechanically applied industrial disc brake callipers along with a full line of thrusters, disc brake systems, flexible couplings, and shafts clutch couplings.
They now have an urgent requirement for a Mechanical Assembler to join them at their modern manufacturing facility in Bedford.
The Mechanical Assembler will:
• View priority build board and select kit of parts for next assembly.
• Establish assembly operations from parts list, working instructions and drawings.
• Check kit for correct parts and refer to stores or supervision over any discrepancies.
• Operate overhead travelling gantry crane and provide correct slinging procedure to load and transport large items.
• Assemble and test products to specification, referring to working instructions and drawings, using air gun and spanners, paying particular attention to cleanliness of parts.
• Report to supervision any error found in component parts and problems leading to difficulty in assembly. Also report any deficiency in tool or measuring equipment.
• Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision or the health and safety representative.
• Provide support for requirements of ISO 9001.
• To support the implementation of ABS, the continuous improvement process.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or most of the following skills and experience
• Working to engineering drawings
• Good manual dexterity • Experience with building assemblies
• Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible and hardworking
• Ability to prioritise
• Calm under pressure
• A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach
This opportunity would initially be starting on an early shift with plenty of overtime available. This is a long-term permanent position with a stable business. Packages will include pension, holidays, sick pay