12 Months Fixed Term Contract - Ref: 3886About the role
- To support the delivery of shareholder value whilst protecting policyholder returns through a clear understanding of all activities within the Group Operations or TTP business areas, whilst demonstrating strong commercial acumen.
- To support all key stakeholders within the Group Operations and TTP business areas, understanding all income, recharges and cost drivers.
Please note that there are two positions being recruited for, aligning to either Group Ops or TTP.Key Responsibilities
- To support the SFBP for the development of a right-first-time approach to customer service in order to develop the relationship between the customer and ServCo Finance.
- To be the primary line of financial contact for agreed stakeholders providing support and challenge to the function and ensure an efficient operating model.
- To apply an in-depth understanding of the ServCo business model, its drivers and the environment in which it operates.
- To ensure a full understanding of income, cost and FTE variances to budget.
- To lead the delivery of a customer focused finance service during the Month End process ensuring that the MI (cost and income) is accounted for correctly and reported with a high level of accuracy for the appropriate audience.
- To produce management information in order to add value through insightful analysis.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with full letters (or qualified by experience) and evidence of having worked alongside senior management in a cost focused environment with significant commercial experience
- Commercially astute with proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply contractual principles
- Demonstrated ability to drive strong dialogue and being prepared to give their view
- Very strong Excel skills - will need to provide scenario modelling as and when required
- Comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organisation, being able to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
- A good understanding of Life Company accounting is an advantage, although not necessary so long as prepared to learn quickly.
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we've been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It's the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that's not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan?
Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 29th September 2020.