Since the global network was founded in 1952 by a family of physicians, the Mundipharma network has always challenged conventional wisdom, and we expect the same from our employees. If you crave the freedom to think and work in new ways, then this is the place for you. Our flat organization allows you to make decisions and deliver results fast, which makes this an exhilarating and exciting place to work regardless of your role.
With the definition of the new Finance Operating Model, it was decided to create a Finance Services function which will host all the global transactional and operational finance activities for Mundipharma through FSSCs hubs either according to geographies or processes.
Alongside the centralisation of finance in FSSCs, Mundipharma is also launching a program that will deploy a new ERP system for finance.
The role of Programme Accountant is to work with both programmes to provide accurate financial reporting, Budget planning and cost control.
This role will involve designing the budget management governance, tracking and monitoring the execution of the budget through cost conscious and transparent reporting, to support the Head of FS & ERP Business Programme Lead deliver on time and on budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting for capital and Opex spend as appropriate for each project in the programme
- Establish and apply efficient capitalisation principles for the programme in line with Mundipharma policies
- Develop accurate and consistent management reporting and information
- Reviewing project actual reports for financial reporting and coding accuracy
- Liaise with the other teams in the programme to capture the cost of dedicated resources
- Preparation of monthly accrual and prepayments
- Ensure correct accounting treatment of any amortisation costs
- Maintain monthly cycle of Monthly reporting of individual projects, including spend and variance analysis
- Custodian of the programme budget model: maintain & update changes to the budget assumptions
- Ensure relevant assumptions are fed into the annual budgeting and performing review cycle
- Perform monthly review finance with Busines and Tech. programme leads & Programme sponsor
- Act as a reference point in the approval process from budget validation viewpoint
- Maintain cost centre structures, headcount assumptions, employment cost assumptions.
- Prepare and present status and progress reports to executive sponsors and the Transformation Programme steering committee.
- Build a strong working relationship with the finance community across key locations globally:
- Finance Shared Services Team
- In market Embedded Finance teams
- Global FP&A / Controller function
- Programme Sponsor
- Business & Tech Programme Leads
Who we're looking for
- University degree and or Master's Degree in Busines, Accounting or Finance
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience or understanding of the project environment and requirements to project cost controls. Proven track record of similar role.
- Experienced in financial modelling, planning to maintain IT programme cost model and be custodian of the data
- Relevant experience in managing cross-charge model, cost allocation model or complex pricing models
- Understanding of IT asset capitalization, useful life and depreciation
- Strong team worker who collaborates to achieve individual, business and IT goals is critical.
- Ability to adapt style to adapt to different cultures and audiences
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate financial issues with non-finance professionals
- Strong inter-personal skills - ability to build effective working relationships with across the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Details focused and able to work under pressure.
Do you think you could help us see what others don't? Be inquisitive and help us move medicine forward!