We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant within the Finance Department to be based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage site at Cobden Street, Leicester.
Walkers Deli & Sausage is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.Job Opportunity
We have a need for a part qualified CIMA/ACCA Finance professional to join Walkers Deli & Sausage Co. The role reports directly into the Commercial Finance Manager and will be responsible for compiling the weekly management accounts pack along with preparing the daily materials and labour variances. The individual will have strong financial disciplines, the ability to understand and challenge Operational / functional performance and deliver high-quality reporting into both the business and the Samworth Brothers Group.
The Right Person
- Preparation of the weekly management accounts including interpretation & explanation of variances
- Prepare & review of daily material variances
- Prepare & review of daily labour variances
- Accurately compiling weekly forecasts
- Produce reconciliations and reports as requested
- Challenge and drive performance in both factories
- Provide assistance and cover within the finance team
- Business partnering/ collaborating with other departments
- Spend time in factories to understand key processes and our cost base
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
What We Have To Offer
- CIMA / ACCA part qualified, Preferably from a FMCG background
- Knowledge and appreciation of manufacturing processes.
- System 21 and MS AX experience.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and questioning ability
- Confident communicator with financial and non-financial colleagues
- Able to challenge at all levels
- Strong IT skills across standard operating systems
- Good literacy and numeracy needed and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Some flexibility required to manage working hours to meet the demands of the business
- Ambitious - an ability and desire to progress within our organisation
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.