Paraplanner Location: Doncaster or Working from Home (WFH) locationSalary: Highly AttractiveAdditional Benefits: Supported development of employees through a CII training programme.
Working as part of the team at The Paraplanning Partnership Ltd who are a bespoke paraplanning company working on behalf of Partner practices of the St. James's Place Partnership
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Paraplanner to work within a highly successful Paraplanning Company. You will be joining the fast paced Paraplanning team based in their Doncaster office, ensuring the business generated by the Partners of the St. James's Place Partnership is processed correctly and in a timely manner.
This company is well established and highly successful. The Paraplanning Partnership Ltd invest heavily in their staff; as reflected by the benefits package and are supportive of employees wishing to develop their careers.The Role - Paraplanner
As a Paraplanner, you will work in collaboration with Financial Advisers and other colleagues in preparing recommendations and producing suitability reports in line with Company policy, including preparing and maintaining Client records.
The Paraplanner role also involves promoting the services of The Paraplanning Partnership Ltd in a professional and FCA compliant manner.
Responsibilities of the paraplanner include:
The Person - Paraplanner
- Collect and collate information and data about (and from) the Client in accordance with the principles of "know your client" and company policy, ensuring all the required compliance documentation is present and correct
- Create and maintain databases/spreadsheets and input information, accurately and in a timely manner
- Liaise with product providers and other third parties to acquire additional information that may be required in order to assess the Client's needs and formulate recommendations
- Working with the Financial Advisers you will discuss the Clients objectives, identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile the financial report
- Obtain information, quotes, illustrations and product details, and provide comparisons for analysis
- Prepare suitability letters and reports for approval by the Financial Adviser in line with Company policy and prepare associated accompanying documentation as required. This will include the pre-completion of documentation ready for Clients to check and sign
- Deal effectively with queries from Clients and other parties through effective communication
- Develop and maintain relationships with Clients
- Manage emails and ensure they are responded to in an acceptable and timely manner
- Record your client communications, whether that communication is written, oral or electronic, including Client related communications with third parties
- Assist with project work as and when required.
This is an interesting and challenging role that would suit a confident, numerate, IT proficient and professional individual who enjoys using their initiative and has a 'can do' working style.
You will ideally have been working within an IFA or Wealth Management environment and you have either obtained the Level 4 Dip PFS qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards gaining this qualification. Alternatively, you may be FPC qualified and/or have significant industry experience. Experience in Defined Benefit transfers is desirable, but not essential.
To support you in the role it is essential you have experience and knowledge of the administration of IHT and/or Pension and/or Investment products.
It is important that the Paraplanners and Administrators work well as a strong team, offering assistance to Clients and each other. As a result a strong team work ethic and excellent communications skills are essential.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to analyse financial issues and offer sound, reliable and professional advice
- Ability to collate and present financial information
- Experience in writing complex and detailed reports for cases
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to assess information, make comparisons and identify critical features
- Target focussed and prepared to work to tight deadlines
- Mindful of confidentiality at all times
- Prepared to undertake further training to ensure self-development
- Highly organised and have excellent communication skills
- St. James's Place experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Please note that this Partner Practice will conduct a standard Financial and Identity check on any candidates who are offered a role within this Practice.
Please ensure that as you apply you are taken to the application site for Burgh Recruitment who are supporting the recruitment of this role for this SJP Practice.