NXTGEN are recruiting a very visible and influential Management Accountant role for a leading Manufacturing business in Diss. This is a great opportunity to work in a truly operational finance role, business partnering closely with manufacturing teams to understand the core mechanics of the business. As Management Accountant you will review all standard costs, modelling out both labour and manufacturing spend to identify opportunities for efficiencies. The role will also business partner with commercial teams to review product pricing and influence sales strategy. There are great opportunities to add value in this role and the successful candidate will have the platform to improve current reporting systems, processes and costing models, influencing the continuous improvement program within the business.
Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant role will include:
- Production of month end Management Accounts before reporting variances to operational teams
- Review operational costs to identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies to improve profitability
- Review standard costing with commercial teams, understanding product costs before influencing pricing strategy
- Active involvement in the review of Capex proposals, ensuring maximum ROI
- Continual review of reporting processes and systems, identify opportunities for improvements
The successful candidate will ideally demonstrate significant experience working in the Manufacturing or FMCG sector, specifically within a commercial or operational finance role. Whilst a recognised accountancy qualification is desirable (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent), candidates currently studying towards full qualification or those who are qualified by experience with a background in manufacturing are encouraged to apply. Excellent Excel skills are essential given the significant volumes of data analysis and financial modelling within the role.