A key member of the Operational Senior Management Team involved in decision making, strategic planning and development and driving performance. Directly providing financial expertise and guidance (reporting, risk management, business systems, business processes, internal control) whilst acting as a conduit to professional expertise in legal, procurement, IT, compliance and commercial matters.Principal Accountabilities:
The Ideal CandidateQualifications & Experience:
- Influence and involvement in business unit strategy formulation, implementation and communication in line with key business strategy and objectives.
- Involvement in key commercial decision making and key contract and client negotiations
- Being a sounding board, trusted adviser and facilitator of productive business unit decisions supporting Operational and Commercial management
- Provide support to the business management team to identify, monitor and manage financial, legal and commercial risks and opportunities in the business area as well as conducting sensitivity analysis and effective change management
- Provide timely, accurate financial analysis and management information to monitor performance and support decision making in the business area whilst also interpreting performance information for non-financial managers.
- Shared accountability with Commercial and Operational leads for the overall budgeting and forecasting process for the business area. From micro project reviews to consolidated business unit presentation to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Support the business area in the preparation, review, submission and presentation of business cases to support both the strategic investment and customer bid committees.
- Work closely with Heads of Capability and supporting team to analyse, understand and manage key cost drivers and KPI's such as overhead costs, capital expenditure, productivity and customer recovery.
- Understand and minimise the working capital requirements of the business area by co-ordinating project cash flow forecasts, carrying out monthly debt and WIP reviews and influencing payment terms in contracts / bids
- Periodic review of internal Cost to Employ rates and sales rates in line with commercial agreements
- Ensure compliance with finance policies and procedure within the business area
- Supporting ad hoc projects and transformation initiatives as required
- Direct responsibility for the management and development of direct reports such as Project Accountants.
- Part of the Finance leadership team providing strategic direction on its people, process and reporting in support of the company objectives
About The Company
- Qualified Accountant (preferably CIMA)
- Experience of providing financial support to operational managers in a project environment (Business Partnering)
- Experience of change management
- Experience of financial risk management
- Experience of applying financial governance
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills - able to deliver persuasive arguments
- Analytical, proactive, highly motivated and enthusiastic with good attention to detail
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.