3 month Fixed Term Contract
Albert Dock, Liverpool
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. Yodel are looking to hire a selection of Senior Accountants to assist in a project for a 3 month fixed term contract within our fast-paced Finance team in Liverpool with the availability to start immediately.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team on a short term basis to support with our annual statutory accounts and liaise closely with our statutory auditors.
What you'll be doing
You will be assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts for 7 trading entities and 4 dormant entities. The role would also include preparation of working papers and supporting information for our statutory Auditors. Accounts to be prepared, audited and filed. You will be reporting into the Director of Finance and working as part of a dedicated team of three experienced accountants working on this project. In addition to this you will also be responsible for the following:
* To produce accurate and timely annual statutory accounts and supporting analysis to form part of the audited working papers in support of our annual audit process
* Work closely with members of the Liverpool based Management Accounts team to collect and collate financial
* Build effective working relationships with the other members of the project team and with the Director of Finance and the Shareholder representative
What you need to show us
The successful Senior Accountants will need to be a qualified chartered accountant with a professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA), ideally from a practise background. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering projects to tight deadlines.
You will also need to possess the following skills and experience for this role:
* Previous experience of working in a similar role with extensive knowledge of statutory accounts
* Demonstrable compliance with CPD requirements of relevant accounting body.
* Preparation of Statutory Accounts - Group and Company.
* Exposure to the practical application of IRFS 16 - Lease Accounting (Desirable)
* Strong communications skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes. Works in a collaborative and open way.
* A good relationship builder, able to support and challenge colleagues in a constructive and effective manner.
Why work with us
If you are a passionate and diligent Senior Accountant, then come and join Yodel's friendly Finance team. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
* Competitive remuneration package
* Working from home on an adhoc basis
* Business casual dress code
* Generous pension scheme - minimum 8% contributed
* 3x Life Assurance with pension
* Discounted city centre parking
* Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
* Private Medical Insurance
* 33 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
* Discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virgin Media discounts
* Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock.