Vaultex are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. We are doing well and are the UK's leading cash processing company, processing around £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and their customers. The note inflow we process, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back!The Role
We are looking for a collaborative and self-motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of technology, takes pride in their work, and is interested in developing their career further.
The primary purpose of the Solutions Architect (SA) is to lead design of strategic technology platforms within Vaultex, select core technology's for adoption, and coach, agree and communicate fit for purpose technology decisions. This will include creation of core design documentation and leadership of technical design work in conjunction with developments teams, whilst adhering to the Architecture Framework / IT Strategy and meet the needs of the business.
The SA leads technical design work across 4 teams of developers (up to 20 people) throughout the change life cycle, to ensure the development of IT projects representing a £20m investment.
There will be a key focus on application and data domains and we are looking for someone with knowledge around infrastructure and hosting environments to work with the ops team. You will help develop the Architecture frameworks to ensure we have a well defined application portfolio and road map.Main responsibilities will include:
Benefits of working for Vaultex
- Designing fit for purpose solutions with a value of up to £20m, leading technical development of up to 20 developers across 4 development teams.
- Maintaining the Architecture Framework and strategy documentation that guides this investment
- Research and innovation work and personal development
- Admin and support related activities
If your skills match what we are looking for below, please apply! (even if it isn't all).
- Living Wage foundation employer with Investors in People Gold Status
- Career Development opportunities
- Structured training
- Generous company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Performance related bonus
- Car allowance
- Group Life Assurance and income protection
- Employee fun days and engagement
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Spot prizes, Long Service Awards, competitive salary against competitors and pay reviews.
- VaulteXtra - discounts on retailers.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you please click apply below.
- Experienced Solutions Architect who has experiencing leading on a variety of projects in Financial/regulated environments with emphasis on security.
- Experience designing bespoke web-based solutions and integrating with in-house and 3rd party solutions using API technology.
- Can create and design documentation through a formal approval process.
- Has great communication skills in ensuring everyone understands what needs to be achieved.
- Experience working in RFP processes to esure technology solutions are selected, and support that delivery into the business.
- Has worked in a team throughout entire change life-cycle.
- Previous experience in software development.
- Ideally worked with Enterprise Architects to maintain and evolve Architecture Frameworks (portfolios, roadmaps, standards etc.)
- Technical - previous Dev background in .Net and C#, Web APIs (REST based), modern UI frameworks (React, Angular), databases - SQL Server and SQL.
- Up to date experience with modern integration platforms - API Gateway and ESB platforms (Webmethods, Mule, AWS/Azure), ETL e.g. SSIS, Queuing and eventing techonology such as ActiveMQ, Kafka and able to design robust and secure APIs.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all member of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note - we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!