In this role you will be a Java Architect working on cutting edge Systems Managers area where you define architectural decisions and the frameworks in like with overall product goals / company strategy.
·You will take Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) and architect them into solutions and produce diagrams & presentations to convey architectural paths. You will be part of a true Agile team, working closely with Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, QA's, Product Managers, architects from other product lines.
·You will be key in technology adoption decisions, deployment choices. Helping to ensure high availability systems that are resilient, flexible, compliant and scalable. You will manage and prioritize the architectural and technical backlog for the product.
·As well as pushing technical boundaries to create leading edge products for a strong client base as part of a team undergoing growth in the current market!What is in it for you?
- Be based in Dundee with competitive base and package
- Interesting project work using Modern Development Practices in a culture of Modern Tech Adoption that includes Cloud and MicroServices working with highest calibre Engineers
What do you bring to this environment?
- Be part of a culture of continuous learning, support and encouragement and time to follow market trends whilst balancing home life balance
- You will be a Java Architect or Application Architect in Java
- You are still happy to roll your sleeves up and code when needed
- You will have led the architecture and design on Java Applications with a preference for Spring Framework
- As part of the hiring process you will have a white board exercise and also a Java coding exercise, so you do need to still be comfortable with coding
- You will have worked in on Scaled Agile Frameworks on Enterprise Level Projects
- You have a background on multiple SDLC with the battle scars that come from complex coding problems in Java that come up in projects
- Nice if you have experience / interest in cloud-based solutions ( any version AWS, Azure, GCP ) and even better if you have worked on the transition of application to cloud
- Nice if you have experience / interest in Microservices and / or Distributed Systems and / or data platform adoption
- Nice to have Docker and / or Kubernetes experience
- Advantageous but not essential to have exposure to any of: Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, ElasticSearch, Solr but more important is that willingness to learn and work with new technology
If this sounds like you then please send me your CV in the first instance and let's chat?
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90798063