We're VUE Group and we're growing!
And it's time we looked for a commercially savvy Finance Business Analyst to join the team and play an integral role in helping to make our growth plans happen. About the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you'll be a true business partner to the various managers in the business and provide an essential link between finance, operations and sales. You'll use your expertise in data analysis and data gathering across multiple systems to improve accuracy of financial reporting and inform commercial, operational and strategic decision making. Your role will work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller to assist in producing information for board reporting, KPIs, implementing finance processes and controls, setting budgets and producing timely and accurate management accounts.
You'll be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified accountant, fluent in all things excel and preferably with experience working in an SME and/or private equity environment. You'll be able to use your data analysis skills to drive commercial business improvements across multiple business functions, recommending ways to increase revenue and create cost savings through improved processes and controls. You will need to be able to interact and articulate your findings to the directors and senior managers.
You'll be a self-starting, natural problem solver with the ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues at all levels. You'll be driven by a desire to learn, improve and progress and able to demonstrate good judgement, logical decision making and have a keen eye for the detail.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of commercial and operational business areas to create meaningful reports to help inform decision making at senior leve
- Business partnering - including monitoring against budget
- Assistance with receipts and payments cash flow monitoring
- Gross margin analysis by revenue stream and by dimension
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and KPIs
- Assisting with payroll (with external payroll bureau) and posting monthly payroll journals
- Reconciliations to ensure completeness of revenue
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Help prepare annual budget, forecast and 3 year business plan
- Other reporting (eg ONS, Crown Commercial)
- Ad hoc projects including potential due diligence preparation and support
At VUE Group we are a leading insure-tech company working with some of the world's biggest insurance companies and the UK's best-known brands. The role will be based at our office in Salford Quays, just a short walk from Media City.
The successful applicant will enjoy a competitive salary, a generous holiday entitlement, pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and a culture led by our VUE values.