We are currently supporting a very exciting privately owned group of manufacturing companies with the recruitment of an exceptional Commercial Finance Director - someone who can both safeguard and improve on the current finance function, and also support the CFO with driving the business through the next period of growth, including acquisitions.Overall Purpose:
The role itself will report directly to the CFO and you will take ownership of the following, whilst coming from a manufacturing background...
1. Company forecasting and cash flow management.
2. Analysis and business modelling.
3. Safeguarding and managing the transactional and reporting framework.Responsibilities:
Make note, these responsibilities will ultimately evolve, divest and change over time.
- In conjunction with the CFO, take ownership of the financial reporting responsibilities and transactional finance department with a view to automating as much as possible as you drift in to a more commercial focus for the group.
- Preparation of all monthly reporting both for the business and to the business (internal and external) with detailed analysis and commentary to support key decision making.
- Oversee business and resource planning, budget-setting and reforecasting, to ensure that forecasts and action plans support the overall strategic objectives of the business.
- Own and manage the month-end reporting process, reporting back to the business and individual departments so that they have an accurate and detailed overview of current vs future plans sit.
- Managing a team of three, ensure the transactional finance function is operating efficiently and accurately in areas such as sales invoicing and supplier payments.
- Management of all business tax responsibilities including R&D and transfer pricing in both the UK and Internationally. This will include multi-currency and regulatory/compliance responsibility and HMRC, VAT, PSA and P11D and insurance cover etc.
- Support and planning with areas such as fund raising and grant applications, providing accurate and timely reports that show the growth and financial health status of the business.
- Maintain the finance and commercial monthly and annual timetable from a reporting perspective.
- Manage all audits and resolve any issues that arise by working closely with external business partners.
- Support contract negotiations with sales by providing accurate information from a financial perspective.
- Create reporting metrics and timely management information to meet current and future needs and to assist the CFO.
- Support with the design, implementation and delivery of revenue generating KPIs with strategic objectives agreed and supported by the CFO.
- Provide credible data, presentations and an authoritative financial voice to support the CFO.
- Manage the Asset Register so that future investment requirements are planned into operational budgets and ensure appropriate deployment of resources.
- Ensure the company's annual Statutory Filings including annual Corporate Tax, VAT and other compliance filing responsibilities for all entities are met.
Standard soft skills come as a non-negotiable when recruiting for a position like this. These will include exceptional communication, team ethics, drive, passion, personality and adaptability etc.
Other additional attributes, skills and knowledge required will include...
- Fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent certification a non-negotiable.
- Must come from a manufacturing background.
- Strong educational background with an MSc or MBA beneficial.
- Professionalism and sound judgement of your 'outside' profile.
- True team players, adopting a positive and supporting attitude to any and all issues.
- Experience building a robust and future proof finance function.
- Communications and cross departmental business partnering.
- Able to present complex and detailed information simply.
- Able to work in a fast growing and changing environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability from both a finance and non-finance perspective.
- Decision-making and the highest integrity, both internally and externally, especially when dealing with third-party suppliers or customers.
- Technically sound and keen eye for detail.
- Strong systems knowledge and experience ideal.
In return, we are offering the following as far as a package goes...
- Basic annual salary of £70-£80,000.00.
- A small share stake in the company for the right person.
If this is something that piques your interest then please, apply and allow us to review. It should be noted that due to the volume of applications we receive, only those with the relevant skill set and profile for the position will be replied to.
That being said, if we do not deem this position suitable, but we do think you'll be great for another position, then we promise to let you know what we are thinking.