Do you have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Special Needs School? Have you supported students who require personal care?
The Education Specialists are working with a 'Good' Special Needs School in St Helens
to employ SEN Teaching Assistants who have experience of working with students who have complex needs; such as PMLD and Complex Needs. The successful candidate will feel confident in offering personal care when needed. Experience of Peg/tube feeding would be desirable but is not essential. Students require a compassionate person who has a sense of humour to sit with them and help them eat lunch.
The school is fully equipped with a swimming pool, hydro pool and Physiotherapists are on site. This school community is a busy one which enjoys celebrating special days such as Children in Need and World Book Day. The school are looking for candidates who are committed to supporting each and every student to ensure that they enjoy their school day and who will encourage each student to meet thier potential. The positions are term-time only and on a full-time basis 8:30AM to 4PM with morning break and lunch break within the school day. There if often an opportunity at this school to move from a temp contract to a school permanant contract for the right candidate. What The Educational Specialists need from you:
What The Educational Specialists can do for you:
- Experience of working in a Special school with students who have complex special needs - is essential.
- Ability to deliver personal care in a dignified manner - is essential
- Have experience of using Makaton and PECS is desirable.
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach
- Resilience and a sense of humour
- Team Teach Trained - Or be willing to obtain this training (through ourselves)
- Competitive daily rates of pay
- A supportive school working environment with a dedicated school team
- Job satisfaction
- Recruitment Consultant on call service
- CPD courses including; Team Teach and SEN Awareness
- Holiday pay scheme
- Pension Scheme
TES are currently working on a number of vacancies, so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR TES:
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
The Education Specialists work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. The Education Specialists is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Job Type: Full-time