My client, a large Public Services organisation is recruiting an Interim Project Accountant for a 3 month contract, which will be home-based. The successful candidate will track project spend and performance and assist the Project Manager to understand project performance and costs.The role:
- Drive the implementation of the Project Accounting process in accordance with the Global Design Principles handbook
- Work with the Project Manager to set up adequate project Master Data.
- Ensure project time is correctly recorded in a time recording system and interfaced into project ledger/accounting system
- Ensure all project costs are captured correctly.
- Work with Project Manager and Finance Business Partner in setting up project budgets and costings
- Work with Project Manager to monitor spend against projects, and assist in following the purchase order process.
- Perform month end routines for project costs e.g. post journals for accruals.
- Assist Finance Business Partner when required to report on project profitability/variances to project managers and management.
- Work with Project Manager and close out projects on project completion, following capitalisation rules.
- Make recommendations to Finance and Project Management on process improvements.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years experience.
- Technical Project Accounting experience.
- Proven skills in problem solving.
- Experience of all Microsoft Office products (Excel to a minimum of intermediate level).
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines with conflicting demands.