Website Design and Content Manager (FTC)
Home Based (With travel to our London office)
Are you a highly skilled and creative web and content professional ready to take your career to the next level? Could you thrive promoting and supporting the digital elements of a globally significant engineering institution? If so, read on.
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We're now looking for a Website Design and Content Manager to join our team in a home-based capacity for an initial contract until the 31st December 2020 with the potential to become a full time role for the right candidate.
As the Website Design and Content Manager, you will be tasked with designing and delivering an enhanced website that represents and conveys the vision and values of the IMechE.
In this dual role, you will also work with partners and stakeholders to deliver content that supports and promotes our products and services as well as providing the latest updates and information regarding the institution.
Specific areas that you will be involved in are:
- Developing the Dynamics portal that supports events, membership applications and the qualifications checker
- Rebranding our commercial business page for One Birdcage Walk (our conference centre)
- Rebuilding our monitored professional development scheme
Your role will also involve:
- Working as part of a small, passionate team
- Collaborating with the IT, Engineering, Communication and Marketing Teams
- Liaising with the Engineering Policy Unit, institution members and freelance journalists to create content
- Developing and delivering an outstanding web experience for everyone
To be considered as the Website Design and Content Manager, you will need:
- Experience in web design delivery and IT applications associated
- Experience of HTML, CSS, jQuery, Webflow, and Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
- Project management experience, working with contractors
- Previous experience in a business setting of using a prototyping package such as Figma, Illustrator or InDesign
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and the ability to produce correspondence and documents with good written English
Other organisations may call this role Web Design Manager, Web Design & Content Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Web Developer, Content Manager, Website Project Manager, Website Manager, or Webmaster.
- Salary of circa £40,000 pro rata
- 26 days' holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is an exciting chance to join our team for a short-term contract and fill in the missing pieces of our digital puzzle. You'll discover a team of passionate and talented individuals who will complement your expertise and enable you to create work that will not only enhance our organisation but will develop your portfolio of work.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Website Design and Content Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.