Fully or Part Qualified
Up to £38k
Better People are delighted to be working with an independent accountancy practice who are looking to hire a qualified or part qualified Accountant to join the existing team to offer their clients financial and general business support.
The business has an excellent reputaion created through their expertise coupled with an informal approachable style which has resulted in a flood of new business wins.
The work is of a technical nature, writing accounts for which you must be part or fully qualified but they are open to either CIMA or ACCA qualifications.
The work will be office based but with a high degree of flexibility and there may be occasional site visits to clients as well as off sites for training and development.
Their client base is varied and offers a range of accountancy services to small to medium sized businesses and sole traders. For some they work as a fully outsourced finance department - raising invoices and chasing debts through to final year end accounts. For others, they support them to complete their own books and deal with tax and reporting to HMRC and Companies House. Theirs is a tailored service to each clients' needs.
This practice is a very progressive and values based business, where the best customer service and a strong attention to detail is essential. They choose their clients carefully to reflect this. The right attitude of the individual is as important as the skills and experience for this role
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- VAT returns
- Management accounts
- Ad hoc client support
- Payroll runs
- Year end accounts
- Corporation Tax
- Company set up and Company Secretarial duties
- Reporting to Companies House
- Self -Assessment Tax Returns
- Tax planning
- Implementing Xero and other accounting/IT solutions
- Training clients' staff to use Xero and other accountancy IT solutions
- Excel reporting
- Examining accounts for Charities
- CIS reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Supporting mortgage applications
- Liaising with HMRC and working through disputes
- Acquisition and sale of businesses
WHAT YOU'LL BE:
- Qualified or part qualified accountants - ATT/AT CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA,ACA qualifications will all be relevant.
- Looking to work permanently in a full time office based role
- Technically strong with skills with great attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Really good with people and relationship building
- Car driver with your own transport
- Comfortable working with cloud based systems - ideally Xero
- Client focussed with an outgoing professional but friendly supportive style.
- Have accountancy practice experience
If you feel this describes you then send your CV in now.