Aon is currently recruiting for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our team in Cardiff.Your impact
The new Digital Marketing Manager role will be responsible for developing, owning and executing the digital marketing strategy for the UK Retail (SME & Consumer) business. The desire is for the business to improve its digital approach to communication, content and commerce.
They will lead projects to improve the online customer experience and optimise conversion rates. The successful candidate will work with sector marketing managers to develop a digital first strategy; encompassing SEM marketing (including PPC and SEO), Paid Social, Content, Programmatic Display, Email etc.
The successful candidate will also control the UI and UX of the main website and all other web assets (including e-commerce sites affiliated with Aon) and work closely with the business advising how to improve the overall customer journey. He/she will be the website guru for UK Retail (SME & Consumer).
The ability to flawlessly deliver campaigns to drive leads and direct revenue to the business is extremely important. However, being able to provide marketing thought leadership, create a test and learn environment and continuously improve marketing content and execution is equally relevant.
There will also be day to day management of the website including content updates, working with agencies, and working with colleagues across the marketing team to meet their digital requirements. All in line with Aon's regulatory framework and process.
Above all this person must have a growth mind set and a restless curiosity for improving marketing performance, beating the competition and creating a truly customer marketing led organisation. In particular this means working closely as a team, seeking out new ways of working and solving problems.Key Accountabilities:
You bring skills & expertise
- To set and lead the marketing strategy for the SME and consumer business within UK Retail.
- To work with the business in agreeing and delivering high quality marketing content, customer journeys and channel management.
- Manage the digital marketing budget.
- Innovate new marketing approaches and optimise existing marketing processes.
- Deliver marketing campaigns across a mix of PESO digital channels
- Work with third party agencies to manage digital campaigns and activities.
- Use customer insights to drive improved propositions, marketing approaches, content and delivery leading to better ROI and key marketing KPI's.
- Manage the implementation of improved marketing tracking solution and analytics; working closely with key stakeholders to ensure all relevant information is captured.
- Deliver campaigns of the highest quality, managing end-to-end to deliver improved business metrics and ROI.
- Work with marketing colleagues to help improve their campaigns, content and approach to key target audiences.
Our Colleague Experience
- Bachelors degree - ideally discipline related or equivalent
- Experience of managing campaigns across a number of digital marketing channels.
- Competent analysing, interpreting and presenting data; while displaying ability to make sound decisions based on available data. Experienced in the use of data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritise work and work unsupervised
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to share best practice and leverage complimentary skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- High level of literacy and numerical skills
- Appetite to learn and grow, act on their own initiative and seek out solutions to problems.
- Experience in marketing
- Experience of marketing in a highly regulated industry
- Accredited marketing qualification or equivalent
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.About Aon
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria We're happy to talk flexible working.
If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application.