Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 7 divisions; Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Office Supplies, Smart Technology, Technology, Interiors and Print, the £70m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £100m so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!Overview
As the 1st Line Team Leader, you will manage our 1st Line Helpdesk Engineers and report directly to the Network Operations Centre Manager. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated individual with a desire to deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers alike. The candidate must have a strong technical background, and ideally previous Team Leader / Management experience, so that they can build the respect of a talented team of IT Infrastructure engineers.We want you to...
You have got...
- Ensure that the 1st Line Team meet service SLA's for our customers
- Train and develop your team to ensure that you have the necessary skillsets within your team to provide the highest standards of technical support and customer service
- Provide line management responsibilities including conducting one to ones, setting KPI's, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc.
- Work within the 1st Line Team to resolve customer issues remotely via telephone, email and remote support sessions
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st Line Team as well as off-site support staff, and provide assistance with helpdesk tickets where possible, escalating further as required
- Work with off-site support staff to promote a seamless and collaborative support service
- Complete Line Manager duties including quarterly 1-to-1's, setting KPIs, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc
- Develop and promote a proactive 'can do' culture within the department
- Ensure support services are delivered within an ITIL framework and aligned to industry best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build confidence and promote NOC services.
- Ensure that service metrics and good data quality is maintained to enable accurate reporting
- Handle difficult calls and resolve difficult customer situations through excellent communication and direct stakeholder engagement.
A minimum 12 months Team Leader / Management experience and at least 2 years relevant experience with the technologies listed below, ideally with a Microsoft MCP (Windows Server 2012 and above).
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
- Windows Server (2012, 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019)
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, WDS and WSUS
- VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- Exchange (2013, 2016) and Exchange Online
- Office 365 Technologies (Sharepoint, OneDrive etc)
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Sophos Central Anti-Virus
- Basic TCP/IP, switching and routing
- Firewall and VPN configuration
- Corporate wireless systems
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft SCCM, InTune and AutoPilot
- Citrix XenDesktop including NetScaler
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Two-factor authentication
- SAN Technologies
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI's)
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
The working hours are Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm. However, as Team Leader you will be responsible for covering any of the NOC shifts if necessary. For more information on our Company and culture, visit https://commercial.co.uk/