Senior Mechanical Engineer-(CMS0000HW)DescriptionJacobs Nuclear is looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer with demonstrable experience of in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Cranes/Lifting equipment design assurance
- Structural integrity
- Safety case authoring
The role will be in providing consultancy support to a number of local customers whether through the production of fixed deliverables or through embedded roles within customer organisations. The roll may include leading tasks and mentoring juniors, liaising with our wider capability or working as part of larger project teams. The successful candidate will be expected to interface with existing clients and identify opportunities to generate new business. This role will provide excellent opportunities for the development of skills, particularly where these are applied to nuclear engineering.
Candidates with a 2:1 or better with experience in general Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Structural Integrity will be considered. We are looking for proactive behaviours and excellent understanding of consultancy work.
The successful candidate will play an important role in these growing technical workstreams over the coming years and mentoring will be provided to ensure that development of skills is appropriately managed throughout the work.
The role offers good variety of work and opportunities to become involved in reviewing design/design.QualificationsEssential:
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related subjects
- Chartered or Incorporated member (or working towards Chartership) of IMechE or equivalent
- Knowledge of and ability to apply standards and regulations related to one of the technical disciplines
- Knowledge/experience of design and/or design substantiation
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other organisations to create new opportunities
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Nuclear industry experience
- Knowledge/experience of design and/or design substantiation in hazardous/highly regulated environments
- Consultancy experience
- Familiarity with/understanding of safety and protection devices
- Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
- SC status