- New role within a successful eCommerce retailer.
- Combined role of strategy creation & hands-on implementation.
- Forward-thinking business with a digital-first mentality.
This thriving online retailer has an opening for an experienced digital specialist to develop their technical eCommerce trading strategy, with a focus on site merchandising, CRO, driving traffic through SEO, and managing external agencies to deliver the digital acquisition strategy.
It will be your mission to create the optimal user journey and navigation experience for the customer, by developing an innovative, market-leading website, that ultimately boosts sales.What you'll be doing
The eCommerce Manager will have full responsibility for ensuring profitable online sales growth and exceeding targets. You'll use your thorough understanding of cutting-edge eCommerce techniques to develop an end-to-end strategy - from acquisition and retention, through to conversion. You will need to have some HTML coding skills, as you'll be expected to make basic improvements to the front-end of the website in the context of site merchandising and enhancing the user journey. However, you will be able to lean on the development team to resolve any bugs and make more technical changes to the site architecture.
The company uses several external agencies and consultants to deliver PPC, SEO and affiliate marketing campaigns. Your remit will involve conducting regular meetings with them to set targets, oversee projects and keep internal stakeholders abreast of performance.
When it comes to SEO, you'll need to have more in depth oversight, to ensure the company's presence on major search platforms is maintained and continues to grow with high quality converting organic traffic and strong SERPs. Managing an external team, you'll help optimise every detail of the website in accordance with SEO best practice.
Having a data-driven approach is essential here, as you must be able to spot opportunities and changes amongst large data sets, using tools such as Google Analytic, Hotjar, and SEM rush. You'll have strong working knowledge of Google Adwords and be able to condense data into intelligible insights for stakeholders, working closely with agencies to maximise ROI.
Finally, you'll work alongside the Engagement Manager to deliver and optimise a new CMS / PIM software from a digital perspective, in addition to other ad hoc projects and eCommerce activities which will require excellent organisation and time management skills.What experience you'll need to apply
What you'll get in return for your experience
- Significant online merchandising and CRO experience within an eCommerce retail environment.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing principles, & in particular SEO.
- Experience using eCommerce platforms, including Magento.
- Strong technical ability, including basic HTML coding skills to make changes to the back-end.
- You'll be data-savvy and commercially minded; able to tools such as Google Analytics to track performance and optimise activities accordingly.
- Previous experience managing agencies.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for problem-solving and project management.
A salary of up to £40k is on offer, alongside a stream of company benefits, which include a staff discount on products, on-site parking and some remote working options.What's next?
Please send through your CV to Rina to be considered and hear more information.