What's the role?
At ESL, you won't find our Finance people sitting on the side-lines. They know the business inside and out, working across functions and categories to ensure sound financial judgement and control is at the heart of our decision making and ways of operating.
Our finance teams are commercial, pragmatic and extremely collaborative, with a real passion for development and challenging the status-quo.
We are currently looking for a high performing Operational Accountant to play an integral role in our team to support the Operational Leadership team of the Container Logistics division to identify and implement key efficiencies and improvements within the Business Unit.
The successful candidate with act as a business partner to the General Manager and work closely with internal partners and customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice.
ESL is a fast paced environment and will certainly keep you challenged, offering you the chance to lead from the front with real development and progression opportunities within a high performing Finance function.What will I be responsible for?
What kind of person are you looking for?
- Preparation of accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly profit and loss reporting
- Business Unit management accounting and reporting including completion and/or assistance in preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts, interim and year-end financial accounts
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the Business Unit team
- Financial analysis and associated commentary to understand variances and work with operational managers to identify risks & opportunities to improve financial results
- A detailed understanding of the business performance drivers, including the impact of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and a strong drive towards efficiency, service and improving performance for the business
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines of the organisation are met
- Management and monitoring of accounting processes, preparation and implementation of new and reviewed procedures
- Continuous review of process as intended to enhance in terms of accuracy and timeliness
- Ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the business
You will have previous experience in a similar role as well as the ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and spreadsheets; create financial models and scenarios and have experience of forecasting and sensitivity analysisYou must be ACA/CIMA/ACCA part-qualified as a minimum in order to be considered for this role. The ideal candidate will be ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified, commercially minded and used to dealing with non-financial managers
You will be able to organize and prioritize as well work on your own initiative. Strong communication skills will be required for you to ensure that you can influence people at various levels and departments