7 Month Contract
£425 - 475p/d
The Cost Modeller will assist with the production of financial artefacts to support the EUS Tender activity and IAC submission.
Key activities to include:
1. Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) financial support to the project team which shall include as a minimum:
a. The consolidation of Bidder costs;
b. Identification of GFX through system requirements and the costing of Authority Dependencies and Assumptions (GFX);
c. Comparing bidder costings against Should Cost data;
d. Updating the Investment Appraisal Cost Model to act as the 'Should Cost' during Tender Evaluation;
e. resolving ad hoc financial costing queries during negotiations; and
f. Financial Support to Financial Schedules
2. Provide support in identifying and articulating EUS Benefits.
3. Support the maintenance and operating of the EUS Main Gate Model including updates to bidder costings, Authority Dependencies and Assumptions to enable the delivery of probabilistic cost forecasts. To use appropriate accounting treatments (escalation, VAT, foreign exchange, indices etc.) endorsed by the appropriate MOD department and Approvals. To provide appropriate breakdown of forecast costs and associated briefing material in line with JSP 655;
4. Provide support in the production of key cost model inputs which shall include as a minimum:
a. Robust Cost Data Assumptions List (CDAL), containing:
i. quantified three-point estimates against an appropriate breakdown structure;
ii. the CDAL is required to be underpinned by an auditable evidence trail at an appropriate Data Readiness Level (DRL); and
iii. the CDAL must also be consistent with EUS Bidder Returns and the EUS Master Data Assumptions List (MDAL).
b. Support to calculating risk mitigations.
5. Provide Support to the independent assurance requirements which shall include as a minimum:
a. Assurance Cost Model inputs;
b. Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence;
c. Optimism Bias; and
d. Cost Assurance and Analysis Services (CAAS) Assurance Team Financial artefacts.
6. Provide support in the Stakeholder Management engagement for the EUS IAC submission which shall include as a minimum:
a. supporting the engagement with assurance and scrutiny communities, for example CAAS, Defence Economics, Scrutineers etc;
b. supporting Authority Management Reviews relating to cost.