1st Line Support Engineer Apprenticeship
Kettering, Northamptonshire (with occasional travel)
Are you a hard-working individual with an interest in IT infrastructure? Want to earn while you learn and gain valuable experience with a fast-growing global firm? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of Total Computers, an innovative IT consultancy and service provider that specialises in transforming business requirements into effective technology solutions. Serving local and global markets, they have offices in London, Kettering, Manchester and Glasgow.
They are looking for an Apprentice 1st Line Support Engineer to join them on an 18 month apprenticeship.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £10,920 per annum (increasing to National Minimum Wage after 12 months)
- Benefits package
- Complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship
- The chance to take on a permanent role after your apprenticeship (with a salary of £18,000 per annum)
- Learn from a highly skilled team
- On-the-job training, as well as eLearning and classroom sessions
What will I be doing?
As an Apprentice 1st Line Support Engineer, you'll learn how to deliver 1st line technical support to customers via phone, ticket, email and in person.
In this exciting role, you'll be working at the forefront of technology, enabling businesses to mobilise their workforce. You'll learn how to:
- Answer incoming queries to the Service Desk in a professional, confident and timely manner
- Record all tickets and track issues to resolution
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, switches, smart phones and applications
- Maintain user accounts including rights, permissions and system groups
- Take part in an on-call rota to ensure customers are supported 24/7
What do I need?
To be considered as an Apprentice 1st Line Support Engineer, you'll need:
- At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including Maths and English
- A GCSE (ideally A Level) in an IT subject
- An interest in IT infrastructure
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
If you do not have Maths and English GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, you'll be required to attain the Level 2 Functional Skills qualification as part of your apprenticeship.
Previous work experience would be beneficial to your application, as would the Microsoft MCP qualification and a good level of IT literacy. Good customer service skills would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of iOS and Android devices or troubleshooting end user issues. Ideally, you will have a full driving licence.
Other organisations may call this role Junior IT Support Technician, Trainee IT Support Advisor, IT Support Apprentice, Technical Support Apprentice, Apprentice Infrastructure Technician, or Trainee Infrastructure Engineer.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week, 8am - 6pm, Monday - Friday.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing 14th September 2020. We are looking for the successful candidate to start the week commencing 28th September 2020.
So, if you're looking to become an Apprentice 1st Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.