The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the relevant Accounts Payable Team, ensuring that all transactions are processed consistently, efficiently and compliantly. Key to this is building strong relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders including finance, warehouse and purchasing, to enable timely query resolution. A continuous focus on improvement, whilst working flexibly to meet the evolving need of our dynamic business is essential to the success of this role.Key ResponsibilitiesBusiness Responsibilities
- Train, develop and manage the relevant Accounts Payable Team to ensure processes are completed with accuracy, deadlines are met and key metrics achieved, with a focus on improving working capital
- Provide support to the team on high level query and issue resolution, and prioritisation of work
- Build strong relationships with vendors & internal stakeholders, and be the escalation point for complaints.
- Provide support and expertise into the AP and business procedures in the purchase- to- pay cycle.
- Direct and motivate professional staff in performance management and personal development, including monthly performance management activities which support the delivery and effective outputs expected from a high performing team.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
- Manages the relevant Accounts Payable Team, including performance management and staff development
- Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
- Encourages the best in others
- Is open and approachable to others
- Builds relationships with external vendor relationships & internal stakeholders
- A good working knowledge of all accounts payable procedures
- Strong vendor focus mind-set coupled with the ability to manage challenging vendors in an understanding and professional manner
- Ability to respond in a constantly changing environment, remain calm and work productively under pressure
- Lead by example acting as role model for team members
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- A professional attitude
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Self-motivation, flexibility and drive
- Strong organisational, planning and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, proven ability to build effective relationships.
- Able to facilitate between teams to progress issues and drive through change and process improvements.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be looking for an opportunity to offer fresh ideas.
- Experience of SAP.
Key Performance Indicators
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Mentor, coach and train staff
- Balance sheet ageing
- Debit note ageing
- Short delivery ageing
- Price query ageing
- GRNI ageing
- Completion of team's supplier statement reconciliations.